Talk

Advanced search

Is it quickening???

(11 Posts)
ethelfleda Fri 12-May-17 10:50:00

Hi everyone
I'm nearly 14 weeks so I'm thinking may be it a a bit too early to feel anything but I can feel like a little bubbling sensation in my uterus!! I don't think it's wind but not completely sure... is it remotely possible???

PrincipalCelestia Fri 12-May-17 14:49:19

I've been feeling this too, I'm 15 weeks tomorrow, this is my 3rd so I felt the bubbles a bit earlier when the uterus was tucked down tight, around 12 weeks for me. Uterus has moved up now so it's floating around and it's a lot erm..roomier....in there now so seldom feel them regularly.
And no...it's not wind!!!smile

MissBax Fri 12-May-17 15:16:00

Is it your first? If so 14 weeks is probably a bit early. They say 17 weeks earliest for first child. It does feel like tiny pops of bubbles when it starts though smile

savagehk Fri 12-May-17 15:17:47

I felt movement very early on this pregnancy (even earlier than you) - it's possible but not usual.

ethelfleda Fri 12-May-17 18:20:05

Thank you for the replies. Yes this is my first... I know they say you don't usually feel it that soon with your first as you're not as in tune to it. Was a strange sensation though! I guess I'll have to wait to see if it carries on 😊

NoOneLikesACrispyTowel Sat 13-May-17 08:38:16

Yup. Felt it at 14 weeks with my first.
I believe you!

ethelfleda Sat 13-May-17 21:38:59

Haha, thank you crispytowel smile

haveacupoftea Sun 14-May-17 04:21:23

I remember feeling the oddest little feelings around 16 weeks. Little drags and thumps. Always when I was eating or drinking something hah! But not movement proper until a bit after 20 weeks.

dodgydonkeysdoodah Sun 14-May-17 04:34:54

Yes, I felt it that early with DC1 too. Didn't immediately recognise it as such, but I've had 2 pregnancies now and recognise it for what it is. Feels like bubbles of wind, but it isn't! Enjoy!

gigi556 Sun 14-May-17 07:26:39

I'm 38 weeks pregnant with my first and clearly felt the baby (popping sensation) from 15 weeks. I totally believe you! I think because it's a very subtle sensation most mums don't notice or also baby just may not be in a position you can feel it. If you think you are feeling the baby, I'm sure you are. It's called mother's instinct smile I also think many women on average don't feel the baby until late due to positioning and you can't tell women they may feel the baby that early or everyone who didn't feel a thing until 18-22 weeks would be in a panic!

Bmarie Sun 14-May-17 07:31:24

I felt early on with my current pregnant (1st) i felt it first at around 18 weeks but I wasn't sure if it was wind as it's easy to confuse the two! So I just waited to see if I kept feeling it and it definitely was - not long after partner felt the little pops when lay in bed smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now