Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks & piles! :-( (tmi)

(11 Posts)
teenybean Thu 11-May-17 22:47:24

I'm 34 weeks & I have got the worst piles imaginable! They are bloody huge (about the size of marbles!) & they're killing me, also today, whilst trying to push them back up, I've found 2 pea sized hard lumps, (which after googling, I'm now worried they could be blood clots - which has obviously really scared me!)
I've had the piles for about 8 weeks & they're getting worse, when I last saw my midwife at 28 weeks, she told me I had to just grin & bare it, because she didn't know what to suggest (I've been using anusol, as I used it in my last pregnancy, so know it's safe)
They're now just getting worse & worse, I am in agony all of the bloody time with them!

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do? Is it worth trying to see a nurse about them? Is there actually anything that can be done?

Thank you to anyone who got to the end of this, with my crying about my arse!

Lucinda15 Fri 12-May-17 06:33:53

I feel your pain!! I wrote a similar post 2 or 3 weeks ago. I have had piles before (previous history of constipation and then following DS's labour 5 years ago - ouch!) but have now developed terrible piles with this pregnancy (35 weeks). I had a couple of sleepless nights and two days off work because I was in so much pain.

I went to the GP who just prescribed more anusol cream (wasn't helping much) and anusol suppositries which did help ease things somewhat. However, the lovely ladies on my thread recommended preparations h toilet wipes which were so cool and soothing I'd deffo recommend them, and also the preparation H gel was good as well. A few ladies recommended going back to the GP and requesting steroid cream, as is safe in pregnancy for short term use. My previous GP wasn't keen but I did go back to a different one who didn't bat an eyelid and was more than happy to give me some. It reduced the swelling and soreness very quickly and was a godsend!! See if you can go to a sympathetic GP and get some/all of the above. Also, pay attention to your diet. Try to avoid constipation/straining - fybogel is good to keep things soft and regular (can get from chemist/supermarket), plus lots of fibrous fruits (pears/plum/prune). And loads of water!

It really is horrible having piles and I was honestly so miserable and in tears. I hope you're on the mend soon! Xx

Lucinda15 Fri 12-May-17 06:37:42

The link to my previous thread so u can see some of the good advice from ladies on there smile

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2906145-Help-Awful-piles-what-can-be-done

lovemybabies3 Fri 12-May-17 06:51:48

i havnt got any medical advice as i didnt go the doctors with mine when i had them, but i was advised by my auntie which she was always told by her nan to use vasoline, put alot down there especially when u need to go the toilet! i swore by it! and stopped it stinging so much when needing to go for a no2 and making it hurt so much more, seen so many women ask about piles on here, as if our bodies arnt going thru enough with pregnancy! hope you get them sorted

OhHelp0hNo Fri 12-May-17 07:13:11

I totally sympathise, I had terrible piles after birth of DS2, they were absolute agony.

Definitely go to your GP and see if you can get a prescription for a steroid cream or suppositories, they're what worked for me.

Alternatively, get a nasal spray decongestant (e.g sudafed, one that contains oxymetazoline or xylometazoline), spray some on a tissue and hold it on the affected area, or just spray directly on. These are safe to use in pregnancy and work by shrinking blood vessels (which is what piles are!) my nurse friend told me that tip and it really helped until I plucked up the courage to go to the GP!

wtffgs Fri 12-May-17 09:59:32

Poor you! I got something much better than anusol from the GP - may have been steroidal. Also lying on my side with ice cubes on the feelers helped to shrink them.

Empathy brew

wtffgs Fri 12-May-17 10:00:13

The feckers DYAC hmm

teenybean Fri 12-May-17 16:30:23

Thank you so much ladies, will try some of these. I called to get a drs appointment today & there aren't any until 8th June! But I'm seeing midwife on Monday, so I'll ask her again if she can prescribe me something, will specifically ask for steroid cream & if she can't, I'll ask her to either call a Dr or see if she can make me an earlier appointment with a Dr, I'll show her my 'issues' that might scare her into action! Lol!

Does anyone know if the triage nurse could have a look & prescribe steroid cream?

They're just getting worse & are sort of perminantly sticking out now & they're so sore & the thought of possibly having a blood clot really scares me!

wtffgs Fri 12-May-17 16:53:56

Proctosedyl or summat like that was what worked for me.

teenybean Fri 12-May-17 17:37:53

Thank you, I'll write that down & ask midwife for it x

Fcukthetww Sat 13-May-17 17:23:09

Scheriproct is also really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now