Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I can't stop worrying :(

(12 Posts)
Kloe1 Thu 11-May-17 19:34:48

I took the morning after pill on 23rd March but still fell pregnant.

I had a vaginal scan yesterday and 2 bubbles were seen. Nothing else. I was told this means i was having a twin miscarriage. I had a little bit of spotting when I got home but thinking that was due to the viginal scan.

I had another vaginal scan today and was told there is one yolk sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat. It's measuring 2.7mm which is aparently very small for 7 weeks. There is haemorrhage within the placenta and I could therefore miscarry.

I have been experiencing cramps but no bleeding.

I am so worried about having a miscarriage and also devasted about not seeing twins today.

I have another scan in 10 days but cannot stop worrying sad

thetroutofnocraic Thu 11-May-17 19:39:16

I have no advice to give but just want to say that I'm sorry you are going through this. I really hope everything will be ok for you.

The morning after pill, as far as I am aware, doesn't compromise a continuing pregnancy if it fails to prevent it. So I think it's just rotten luck more than anything. Is there any possibility that this pregnancy was was conceived later than you think and might explain the small size?

Kloe1 Thu 11-May-17 19:48:31

Thank you thetroutofnocraic.

I had a miscarriage 5 years ago. Same story. Took morning after pill. Nothing was seen at the scan and I miscarried.

Could only have conceived between 22nd March and 29th march.

Having lots of bed rest so bored out of my mind with worry as I'm too scared to do anything else.

SnapCrackleOutOfIt Thu 11-May-17 19:52:07

I'm confused you took the MAP but you want the pregnancy?

thetroutofnocraic Thu 11-May-17 20:00:10

Snap sometimes finding out you are pregnant changes your outlook on things.

Kloe1 Thu 11-May-17 22:28:48

I wasn't planning on becoming pregnant but now that I am, I cannot not want it.

SnapCrackleOutOfIt Fri 12-May-17 14:28:56

Hope it all goes well Kloe. I'm desperately waiting for my period.

My period and pregnancy symptoms are always the same I am so so worried

MissBax Fri 12-May-17 15:19:14

In terms of worrying about miscarriage, you're so early on that it will just present as a late period. If it's more the psychological aspect of it then speak to someone about it as bottling things in won't help x Also, if this has now happened to you twice I would suggest using a more reliable contraceptive method! Good luck x

Emma2803 Fri 12-May-17 22:38:12

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this kloe. Fingers crossed it works out ok for you.
Just wanted to say that when you mentioned that you could only have got pregnant between 22-29 but took map 23 does that mean you had sex again in the same cycle after you took map? Have you had any bleeding since then? I think if you got pregnant 22March you would be 9 weeks not 7 xx when did you get a positive pregnancy test?

SnapJack68 Sat 13-May-17 19:14:41

I would ignore MissBax's post if I were you OP.

Sorry you're going through this x

Kloe1 Tue 30-May-17 22:14:42

Thank you guys for responding to my post.
My baby had stopped growing and I was told I ws going to misscarry. Nothing happen for over two weeks so I had a D and C today as I was told it was a safer option for me then wait for things to happen naturally.
I'm feeling sad and spent the day recovering in bed but not feeling depressed like I was two weeks ago.
This will be my second miscarriage so I know it does get easier for anyone going through the same situation.
My babies will forever be in my heart

Panda81 Wed 31-May-17 07:52:19

Hi Kloe
Didn't want to read and run. Sorry you have had to go through this. Make sure you look after yourself flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now