Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tmi but worried and pregnant x

(10 Posts)
oscarsmummyy Thu 11-May-17 18:22:14

10 weeks 4 days pregnant and my (TMI!!!) discharge is very watery, it's literally making my knickers really wet.. Is this normal? Sometimes I have to go to the bathroom to check x

DebsOctBaby Thu 11-May-17 19:08:46

I have had exactly the same so nothing to worry about :-) it's perfectly normal, it's to naturally cleanse and defend against infections I believe

Know95 Thu 11-May-17 19:18:46

I had that too... I'm 14+1 and it's still the same!!

Orangeseed Thu 11-May-17 19:21:01

Yep, totally normal in pregnancy, one of the glamorous bits no one tells you about!

Unless its itchy (poss thrush) don't worry.

oscarsmummyy Thu 11-May-17 19:25:11

Thankyou! It's not itchy either. Glad to know it's normal and also my vagina (sorry again tmi) feels heavy, is that normal? X

picklemepopcorn Thu 11-May-17 19:37:53

Probably increased blood flow. All mucous lining swell up when pregnant!

If it's uncomfortably damp, try washable pads. Very comfy.

thetroutofnocraic Thu 11-May-17 19:40:52

I had watery discharge (and lots of it) throughout my pregnancy. Completely normal. I used washable pads as mentioned by PP

thetroutofnocraic Thu 11-May-17 19:42:13

And my lower nethers felt heavy from about 8 weeks, but my midwife said it was the weight and pressure of the expanding uterus causing the odd sensation

Oopsypoopsy Thu 11-May-17 22:50:35

Oh yeah I'm very prone to discharge! In my first pregnancy I got fed up with it after a while so I used panty liners to protect my underwear and ended up with nappy rash! So since then I just let it happen, it washes off anyway it's just a bit yucky to see on your pants every day! And yes heavy vagina over here and the good news is it gets heavier with each pregnancy😳. It's a glamorous business isn't it! x

CherriesInTheSnow Fri 12-May-17 13:22:55

It's so normal they have a specific name for it smile some get it more than others; I would invest in panty liners as it is likely to continue throughout your pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now