Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bad hip pain - 19 weeks

(8 Posts)
dede124 Thu 11-May-17 14:54:55

Anyone else suffering with hip pain already at this stage? I have had it since about 12 weeks but it was on and off and more bearable, now it seems to be getting worse. It's so painful I'm switching sides ever 5 mins in the night and in the morning it's so stiff I have to walk really slowly to loosen up a bit.
I have tried pillow in between legs but it's not making much difference..
Anyone got any suggestions??
Thanks smile

NotAnotherUserName5 Thu 11-May-17 15:02:08

Sounds like pgp.

Pregnancy Pilates was recommended to me by the physiotherapist I got refered to by my midwife, can't say if it helped or not as I gave birth too soon after the appointment to know.

I'd speak to the midwife and see if you can get a referral. From experience it took weeks.

dede124 Thu 11-May-17 16:37:42

Hi @NotAnotherUserName5 I have just googled it and it sounds like it might be that. Thanks

Laura2507 Thu 11-May-17 19:46:11

I have hip pain, mostly at night and when rolling over. My right hip clicks a lot with it too. I've had other signs of PGP and I've got a physio appt next week. If you speak to your midwife she may be able to refer you for physio too xx

dede124 Thu 11-May-17 20:11:20

I'm going to ring my midwife on Monday see what she says. Do you think she will refer me straight away or will she want to see me first at next appt? @Laura2507

Laura2507 Thu 11-May-17 21:17:02

@dede124 I just explained my problems over the phone and they referred me without seeing me. I had a letter a week later but have had an 8-9 week wait for 1st appt but that may just be my area (Cheshire). Can't wait for my appt next week although i guess here won't be much to do.

I'm finding most seated positions uncomfortable. Laying down feels best apart from when I need to roll over or have stayed on one side for too long. So frustrating '

10storeylovesong Thu 11-May-17 22:18:59

I'm 19 weeks as well. I saw my midwife on Monday (16 week apt was late) and she referred me to physio. My apt came today for 1st June. Definitely worth asking!

dede124 Fri 12-May-17 08:36:13

Thank you @Laura2507 &*@10storeylovesong*. It's getting worse last night I hardly got any sleep! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now