Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy nose: dog

(8 Posts)
AnUtterIdiot Thu 11-May-17 14:47:07

My dog is a lovely elegant greyhound who is really very unsmelly by dog standards, but the last couple of days he is ALL I CAN SMELL. Dog. Dog dog dog. Dog.

Cue much dry-heaving.

(I still haven't actually been sick yet, and veer between being relieved and being anxious that this means my hormones aren't high enough.)

Other things that set me off: any sort of curry. I last made a curry in this house about two weeks ago and I still smell it in the kitchen.

sigh

mummabubs Fri 12-May-17 11:19:42

I'm a fellow greyhound owner, am 19 weeks pregnant with first child. Whilst his usual smell isn't setting me off (and I still love the smell of his paws- like hovis biscuits?!) I also loathe the smell of curries, ketchup makes me vomit and I don't like the smell of air fresheners either.

However... my disliking for all of these combined pales in comparison to greyhound farts, which are now literally the most lethal things in the world. (And tragically being pregnant hasn't reduced the frequency of our boy's butt-bads. They're absolutely revolting)! 😂

owltrousers Fri 12-May-17 11:46:29

I also have a dog, but I've always loved her smell! It might sound weird but she smells kind of like cheese doritos grin

fishfingerSarnies Fri 12-May-17 12:46:10

I'm the same my poor mut makes me gag. She's not especially smelly but I can't stand her being near me I just dry heave. sad

AnUtterIdiot Fri 26-May-17 23:25:23

My dog's paws also smell of biscuits smile

It's not his fault. It's my stupid pregnancy nose spoiling everything for me.

ememem84 Fri 26-May-17 23:30:36

I went nose blind to cogarette smoke. My colleague is a smoker and I couldn't smell it on her (previously she reeled of benson and hedges)

2ducks2ducklings Fri 26-May-17 23:32:37

When I was pregnant with my daughter my daily routine was to get up, go downstairs, smell dog, run back upstairs to throw up! I never truly got over it. I am still super sensitive to the smell of dog.
Also, I cooked a lamb dinner a while back, I could smell it for weeks and it made me gag all the time!
It's s joyful time

goldielocks29 Mon 29-May-17 15:06:45

I'm feeling the same OP.
Love my dog, but BY GOD the smell is driving me nuts! Her bedding is getting washed every other day, I've gone through countless bottles of febreeze and it still doesn't really make much of a difference!

Hubby can't smell anything out of the ordinary so I know it's just me but I'm at my wits end about what to do!

She only had a bath last week and she's generally a very clean and not very smelly dog but I've bought some doggy wipes which should be arriving today to give her a rub down with (we have a doggy dry shampoo but she's scared of spray bottles 🙄🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now