Talk

Advanced search

Is my labour close? 40 weeks today

(9 Posts)
daniellechichester Thu 11-May-17 12:10:49

So today is officially my due date. Midwife came out this morning, i am not dilated but 50% effaced, she attempted a stretch and sweep, although she said it was difficult she managed what she could. I went to the loo for a wee when she left and when i wiped there was snot like mucus (sorry for tmi) there wasnt shed loads but enough to look like i had blew my nose. Could this be my mucus plug or is it just the lube used for my sweep? This is my 2nd child, i didnt pass my mucus plug on my first so feels new to me. I took a photo but feel its too much to upload. I uave had strong braxton hicks for over a week and desperate to get baby out now..
Any info would be great, thanks

daniellechichester Thu 11-May-17 12:15:39

This is the photo. So sorry for tmi but desperate to know if this is mucus plug so i know if im closer to labor or not

confusedat23 Thu 11-May-17 12:19:58

Hey to be honest OP this is my first DC so i have not seen my Mucus Plug but i did lose a pill induced plug (which is meant to be similar) when I came off the Pill and although it seems like there might be bits of it there.. i lost a lot more than that.

I hope it is the beginning of something for you though flowers

MamaTT Thu 11-May-17 14:48:21

My mucus plug came out in one big blob. When you see your plug, there's no mistaking it. It was quite a substancial amount. There was some blood in mine both times.

GreenGoblin0 Thu 11-May-17 15:06:20

what's the blue stuff ?

doesn't look like a mucus plug to me more like normal discharge.

LikeaSnowflake Thu 11-May-17 15:21:17

It doesn't always come out in a big blob. Mine didn't. It came away in bits after a sweep and then had my DD the next day.

It didn't look like that though. Much more coloured and blood streaked.

SecretNetter Thu 11-May-17 15:28:44

It's not big enough but could definitely be part of your plug...they're not always coloured or blood streaked and it's normal for them to be anywhere between clear and brown.

However, I wouldn't rest your hopes on it tbh...I lost my plug 9 days ago now and I'm still here, 39 + 4.

wineandchocolate123 Thu 11-May-17 15:34:21

It's so frustrating at this point isn't it? Basically, your labour could startthis afternoon, or you could be induced in 2 weeks time.

I had a consultant appointment at 40+2 and she did a sweep. Said it wasn't easy to do, did what she could, but don't get disheartened. Made an appointment for 1 week later. I got he and kept super busy (cleaned the porch, the front door and bounced on the ball). Labour started at midnight that night, and ds was born a day and a half later.

Good luck, whatever happens it won't be long!

wineandchocolate123 Thu 11-May-17 15:34:49

*I got home!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now