Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

MATB1

(9 Posts)
MissT2095 Wed 10-May-17 18:51:24

My Midwife mentioned at a previous appointment she'd be sorting a MATB1 form out at my 25 week appointment

I've just been to this appointment yesterday and completely forgot to ask and she didn't mention anything either.

When did everyone else get there's and is there a chance that's she's posting it maybe?

I don't want to get in trouble at work when I come to arranging my maternity leave. Will I be ok to wait until my 28 week appointment to speak to her about this?

KnockedOutByMyNungaNungas Wed 10-May-17 18:52:53

I'd chase it up. I had my 28 week appointment on Monday and she forgot about it again, so I've made an appointment to see a doctor to get it. X

ItsNeverSunnyInWales Wed 10-May-17 18:53:01

Mine didn't mine over the phone at 22 weeks and posted it - you need to hand it in to work by 25 weeks I think. Maybe give her a ring and find out if she can send it

MoonlightMojitos Wed 10-May-17 20:07:27

Round here if you're on 2nd (or more) pregnancy you don't get a 25week appointment, only 28 so you will be fine to wait until then. Despite what people will tell you, you do not need to give it to your employer until within 21 days of your maternity pay/smp start date. There seems to be a lot of confusion about this as I panicked myself (1st baby). You only need to inform your employer you are pregnant by 25 weeks and the date when you want to start leave, not give them the form. www.gov.uk/maternity-pay-leave/how-to-claim see here under proof you are pregnant.

Congrats smile

StinkyMcgrinky Wed 10-May-17 20:15:26

I wouldn't panic. I completely forgot to ask my midwife for my MATB1 when pregnant with DS2, I put my application for maternity leave in and it was only when work asked for it that I realised. They still put it all through they just asked me to send it in as soon as I had it.

I rang the midwife and she left it with reception at the GP surgery after her next clinic and I just went and picked it up. smile

fuzzywuzzy Wed 10-May-17 20:21:07

I forgot mine at 28 week appt and finally remembers at 34 weeks.

Our HR were fine about it, and I emailed it to them.

Can you speak with your HR department and let them know when you'll be able to hand it to them?

vfoster Wed 10-May-17 21:27:04

I forgot to pick mine up so called the midwives and they left it at reception for me. I just picked it up that afternoon and then I had to take it to get stamped at my GPs.

OhTheRoses Wed 10-May-17 21:33:34

I'm HR and a mum. I always say at maternity counselling apts that we do need it but I understand midwives can be a bit slack about issuing them. We need it to claim the SMP and we don't need it until the month after you start getting mat pay. But it's not something you want to be worrying about when baby comes.

Good luck x

Fruitcorner123 Wed 10-May-17 22:44:57

I would suggest you leave a note at doctors reception. My workplace would want me to have handed it in by 28 weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: