Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Palmers body butter alternative - any suggestions?

(11 Posts)
tootsieglitterballs Wed 10-May-17 17:18:16

Pretty much that really...

Used palmers in my last pregnancy, did diddly squat, still got a saggy tummy full of stretch marks.

Pregnant again, 12 weeks. Have started using palmers again and I simply can't abide the smell (plus it did nothing to help last time!)

Any suggestions on a good alternative - preferably something that doesn't smell so darn sweet!

Sparklyuggs Wed 10-May-17 17:33:51

Burt's bees mama butter doesn't have a strong smell.

tootsieglitterballs Wed 10-May-17 19:58:02

Fab - shall give it a whirl!

mummabubs Fri 12-May-17 11:22:41

LUSH Therapy massage bar for stretch marks smells of lavender if that would be better for you? Xx

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Fri 12-May-17 11:25:54

I really liked basic Dove deep hydration, the smell is addictive for me but dont know how well it is doing on my stretch marks cos I already have so many from last time! Skin is silky smooth though at least ;)

MissMooMoo Fri 12-May-17 11:32:49

I use Mother's balm from Neal's Yard, its pricey at £20 for a pot but its lasted me ages!
I am 39 weeks pregnant atm and have no stretch marks at all but midwife told me its mostly genetic,my mum and sister also don't have any so it may just be down to that.

mrtumbleandhisguitar Fri 12-May-17 12:48:21

You can buy raw cocoa butter (it comes in solid lumps) very cheaply. Melt it down with some coconut oil and something like jojoba (about evens on the ingredients) and ta da! You have actual cocoa butter body butter (you can up the proportion of cocoa butter if you like - the main problem is that it is too solid to use completely raw).

It is a very affordable and effective solution. (first person in my family not to have a single stretch mark from pregnancysmile

The only downside is that you have to give it a couple of minutes to soak it.

tootsieglitterballs Fri 12-May-17 13:56:17

Thanks for all the suggestions! Shall take a look at them all further and hopefully I'll find something that agrees with me!

MabelTheCow Fri 12-May-17 13:58:21

Champney's beautiful bump body butter. You can order from Boots online.

Hastalapasta Fri 12-May-17 14:01:10

Body butters are lovely, but stretch marks are 90% genetic and 10% rapid expansion of tummy area according to my midwife.
I have diastasis but no stretch marks....

Bertiebear1 Fri 12-May-17 14:05:45

I used "dermamum" on the recommendation from a friend. used It religiously Day and night and two babies later have no stretch marks. I put it down to the cream and genetics! It is great, inexpensive and no sweet smell at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now