Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy Sickness

(9 Posts)
user1494359716 Tue 09-May-17 20:59:42

Hi everybody. Just wanted to know sbout everybodies experiences with sickness.

Im 8weeks pregnant & have been getting sickness both morning & night is this normal? Also having slight dihorrea, again is this normal?? This is my first baby

Thanks

NotWithoutMyMerkin Tue 09-May-17 21:16:12

Sounds normal - the normal scale ranges from no symptoms to hospitalisation for not being able to keep fluids down.

Eating little and often can help - especially before you get out of bed in the morning as some people find hunger makes the sickness worse

Fruitcorner123 Wed 10-May-17 23:16:36

Yes it sounds normal don't worry. I have had three pregnancies all with some sickness. The first two stopped around twelve weeks and were mainly confined to mornings. This time i was sick until about 16 weeks for most of the day. It's horrible but it will be over soon! I had crackers by my bed and ate them in the night if i woke up and first thing in the morning and i agree little and often. Avoid spicy food and fatty foods which basically means no takeaways and eat lots of fruit and veg that's what helped me. Oh and also keep yourself hydrated. You need far more water than you think. You also need loads of sleep- being tired always made me more sick.

BlueeSpottyTiger Thu 11-May-17 05:25:02

I had HG in my last pregnancy and it started at 4.5 weeks-6weeks and lasted pretty much all day everyday until i was 8months xx

maryann970 Thu 11-May-17 19:53:01

Sounds normal to me. I had the same symptoms as you up until 10 weeks when the sickness faded slightly and was replaced win exhaustion. Better that than the nausea though!

I hope to eases soon for you xxx

HN42 Fri 12-May-17 10:22:18

Definitely normal - 8 weeks was when I actually started to be physically sick and it could strike any time of day. I would just be careful with what you eat, try and eat plain food and plenty of carbs and I found I had to eat food like mashed potatoes quite a lot as it was easier to swallow as chewing sometimes triggered sickness.

MissBax Fri 12-May-17 18:21:04

I was sick everyday (at any given time) starting bang on week 6 and it stopped end of week 11. I thought it'd never end but 24+6 now and feeling fine smile x

Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 18:28:35

I was one of those who had it right from the start upto 28 weeks then got it back at 35 weeks mark with both my boys.
It was awful.. but all worth it xx

TheLionQueen1 Fri 12-May-17 18:30:21

Buy yourself some sea bands OP, they were a life saver for me in early pregnancy and I'm 18+4 now and occasionally still pop them on if feeling ill. They don't stop the nausea for me but definitely take the edge off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now