Talk

Advanced search

Reflexology to start labour

(5 Posts)
SaltedCaramelEverything Mon 08-May-17 17:27:59

Has anyone had reflexology during pregnancy?

Thinking of booking a session close to my due date to bring things on naturally. Or maybe it's best to wait til after? Not sure!

Would love to hear any success stories or advice.

SaltedCaramelEverything Tue 09-May-17 17:22:26

Bump

Adogcalledcat Tue 09-May-17 19:07:20

I had a reflexology session with a midwife 3 days before my due date & went into labour that night. Obviously I have no idea if the two are connected but I'm definitely going to do the same this time as it was such a lovely, relaxing experience!

Lucinda15 Tue 09-May-17 21:38:41

I had reflexology in the 38th and 39th week of DS's pregnancy. The first session at 38 weeks brought on period type cramps lasting a couple of hours after the session but they petered out to nothing. I then had my second session at 39+2. The period type cramps began that evening and by the following morning I was having regular contractions. DS was born 2 days later (after a long labour!). I had one friend who had a similar experience with her two labours. And another friend who tried it and nothing happened.

I'm now pregnant and have booked reflexology again at 38 and 39 weeks. I have been assured reflexology won't bring on labour unless baby/ur body is ready. But it helps to facilitate it.... and so I'm going for it again, and if nothing else, its jolly nice and very relaxing!! X

SaltedCaramelEverything Thu 11-May-17 19:30:36

Thanks ladies! I will definitely give it a try then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now