Talk

Advanced search

Best stretch mark/bump cream?

(13 Posts)
minniemummy0 Sun 07-May-17 20:51:02

I know that stretch mark cream won't prevent stretch marks and a lot is genetics but I've heard hydration does play a small part though! And figure it can't harm!

I've reached 17 weeks without using everything but have started noticing my belly actually getting larger in the last week or so, so figure if I'm ever going to use anything I should start now!

That being said does anyone have any recommendations for the best creams/lotions/butter? Even if it's just because it's the nicest smelling haha!

ontono3 Sun 07-May-17 20:55:55

There all crap nothing but a sales pitch stick with baby oil

mummy2pickle Sun 07-May-17 20:56:49

I am in love with palmers cocoa butter stretch Mark cream it smells lovely and feels great.
I spent a lot of money on bio oil with dd1 and used it religiously and ended up riddled with stretch marks so I'm just using the nicest cream to hydrate skin this time and a strong believer that if you are going to get them you are going to get them.

Orangebird69 Sun 07-May-17 21:02:54

I didn't get any stretch marks. I was expecting them as my DM and dsis both marked terribly. Probably just luck but I used the Mama Mio oil early on then just The Body Shops Vit E body butter towards the end.

beekeeper17 Sun 07-May-17 21:03:56

Boots do a lovely mum to be bounce back body butter. I used it in my last pregnancy and was lucky to avoid any stretch marks, think it was because I kept slapping the stuff on as it smells divine!

biffyboom Sun 07-May-17 21:06:09

Another vote for palmers cocoa butter pregnancy stretch mark cream.

mummabubs Sun 07-May-17 21:12:23

I like the LUSH massage therapy bar- specifically designed to reduce likelihood of stretch marks and the lavender smell is helping me to sleep in the evening 😊

2CatShapurr Sun 07-May-17 21:13:28

When I was pregnant with twins my skin was stretching so much it felt like a Chinese burn. I had been using Bio-Oil but it just wasn't good enough; the Dr prescribed some steroid cream but that didn't help either, then I switched to the Body Shop Mango Body Butter and it was brilliant- it relieved the discomfort, wasn't sticky and smelled yummy! And maybe I'm just lucky but I only got a few tiny stretch marks in my bikini line (and my belly was HUGE by the end!)

Topsyloulou Sun 07-May-17 21:17:30

I used the Cussons mum to be stretch mark cream when pregnant with DS & didn't get any stretch marks. I've just started using it again at 12 weeks.

Pixie2015 Sun 07-May-17 21:19:58

Sanctuary do a spray oil from their orange coloured range I used it for my pregnancies and was lucky no stretch marks - also not too greasy

CabbagePatchKid91 Sun 07-May-17 21:24:51

I got mine after DD was born. About two days later 😭. I thought I had got away with it.

jinglebellmel Sun 07-May-17 21:27:44

I didn't get any last time (although he came at 36 weeks so that maybe the actual reason!) and I used superdrug skin restoration oil. Using it again this time as it's pretty cheap and has great reviews. If nothing else rubbing a bit on my face at night has cleared up my dodgy pregnancy skin which is something!

Passthebiscuit Sun 07-May-17 21:38:40

Mama mio have a lovely range that feel luxurious. A bit pricey but it lasted me the whole pregnancy and smelt lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now