Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Pregnant - antibodies which increase risk of heart block in baby

(2 Posts)
ahsat84 Sun 07-May-17 20:32:37

I am 16 weeks pregnant and have been found to be Ro-52 antibody positive (have a few autoimmune diseases) which increases the risk of heart block and low heart rate in baby.
My fetal medicine doctor on the NHS have said they will just do a heart rate check only with doppler regularly via midwife and only one heart scan at 24 weeks. When I have read online most people have regular heart scans

Can anyone else tell me what they have to monitor ? If needed I could pay privately for monitoring, any recommendations in London??

Thank you!

BentleyBelly Tue 09-May-17 22:25:07

Bumping for you. I have anti-m antibodies and am still awaiting my titre from the blood lab in Bristol. I have read that I should get more detailed checks done too but have heard nothing yet. Hope someone can give you more info x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now