Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where does one get nursing bras for huge boobs?

(33 Posts)
Cagliostro Sat 06-May-17 19:52:56

Just that really. Much bigger bra size than when I had my first two, am now 38HH but think I'm getting even bigger this pregnancy as my bra is like torture.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thingymaboob Sat 06-May-17 19:54:49

I don't know but I will have same problem soon so tagging this thread!

NameChange30 Sat 06-May-17 19:56:14

Bravissimo! They are excellent at fitting and have a few decent pregnancy and nursing bras. Once you've been fitted and know your size you can order online too. Brastop, Figleaves etc.

NameChange30 Sat 06-May-17 19:57:37

When and where did you last have a bra fitting, btw?

firsttimer12345 Sat 06-May-17 19:57:51

I got some 32H from hot milk.

BettyOBarley Sat 06-May-17 20:03:54

I got a G cup from Debenhams, not sure if they went any further

ladybunnikins Sat 06-May-17 20:05:12

I got mine last time from amplebosom.com

NameChange30 Sat 06-May-17 20:06:26

This is a good website:
www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk
But do have a fitting before buying online.

celebrityskin Sat 06-May-17 20:10:18

Fog Leaves and Bravissimo good. You can order tons to try on at home and send back with free P&P if you order enough. Anita do a really great soft underwired feeding bra which was so much better and well supported compared to all the usual nursing bras.

idlevice Sat 06-May-17 20:12:08

bras4mums
I got mine from here when I was living abroad at the time & had an email/phone consultation on sizing. My first nursing bra was a multi-sized one going up to an M cup!!

Berrybakecake1 Sat 06-May-17 20:13:12

Debenhams go up to a HH cup.
But bravissimo are very good and go to an L cup.
Whatever you do don't be fooled my mother care ones they are so small in the back and the cup.

Cagliostro Sat 06-May-17 20:35:18

Wow thanks all. I hadn't heard of most of these places!

Yup not going to bother with Mothercare - I was still fairly big when I had my first DCs and even then I was making do with the wrong size TBH. Not so this time!

There's a Bravissimo store in Brighton I could get to at some point but I'm guessing that at 13 weeks it's a bit too early really.

While I'm here... maternity swimming costumes? I'm desperate to get to the local pool frequently this time round but my old costume was getting tight even before I got pregnant blush and I'm thinking it'll be worth getting a decent one. I need an integrated bra though really as it's a disaster otherwise.

NameChange30 Sat 06-May-17 21:44:26

Swimwear - I searched high and low, here's my thread:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2736788-Does-DD-maternity-swimwear-exist
I got an (expensive) Anita maternity tankini in the end - it was the only one I found that was a decent fit. It wasn't amazing to swim in - the fabric felt a bit thick and heavy when it got wet - but my boobs were covered, at least!

Cagliostro Sat 06-May-17 21:45:09

thanks! smile

greathat Sat 06-May-17 21:47:33

Dec bravissimo. I needed a k cup. They are quite good if you buy one pre baby for nursing that then doesn't fit. They will exchange as long as it's still labelled up

Blazedandconfused Sat 06-May-17 21:51:15

Bravissimo.

I drove an hour to my closest stockist of Anita bras. Nursing bra with underwire.

Want2bSupermum Sat 06-May-17 21:55:08

Anita ones were the best for me. Got them on Amazon for less.

Vanannabananna Sat 06-May-17 22:02:19

Anita underwire bra from nursing bra.co.uk

www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk/showdetails.asp?id=244&gclid=CLXW_d-U3NMCFZKZGwod8lcNqw

Speedo maternity swimming costume. Kept me in and I was huge!

m.simplyswim.com/products/Speedo/GraceUBackMaternityOnePiece-Black/208691.aspx?gclid=CJXMvYGV3NMCFW0W0wod2CgLOQ

Impatientwino Sat 06-May-17 22:45:21

Royce feeding bras worked well for me. I also bought one of their tankinis and it was great!

QueenRefusenik Sat 06-May-17 22:47:15

Anita underwired for day, Royce non-wired for night. Amazon for both, cheapest by miles. Bought loads of sizes, returned the ones that didn't fit

CPBsMum Sat 06-May-17 22:57:01

Def Bravissimo all the way and go to a shop if you can. They'll make sure the fit is good and you can then maybe buy one from them and research online whether you can get it cheaper elsewhere. They are brilliant and they have a really nice new(ish)? style I couldn't get with my last baby that means I don't look awful in all outfits - called Pure I think,

Also great for swimwear, although they are pretty expensive so you may find something cheaper online.

Cagliostro Sat 06-May-17 23:29:30

Underwired nursing bras are a thing now?! I think I just cried a bit. That's amazing.

NameChange30 Sun 07-May-17 04:34:02

The Pure bra has "flexiwire" or whatever they call it. Made by Freya and similar to the Deco. I wore Deco bras pre-pregnancy but didn't get on with the Pure bra sadly, wasn't a great fit and felt uncomfortable. I've got the Sophie bra (by Panache) instead.

HumpHumpWhale Sun 07-May-17 06:39:32

I'm wearing the pure nursing bra in 34G right now and it's fab. It's not a perfect fit because the wires come up quite high in the centre and that doesn't really suit my shape BUT it is 1 million times better looking than the usual non-wired ones.

NanooCov Sun 07-May-17 10:56:29

36HH here and that's after just one! I got fitted at Rigby and Peller, bought just one bra from them (a Fantasie one I think) and then bought the same bra in all the colours online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now