Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd semester insomnia...

(15 Posts)
csa26 Tue 02-May-17 03:34:49

...Anybody have any bright ideas or just want to keep me company...?

Main problem is the little guy can't seem to find a comfortable (for me) position to lie in - also heartburn when I lie down (couple of particularly enjoyable nights when I've repeatedly woken up having just swallowed sick back down confused I suspect because I'd just taken a hefty kick right in the stomach...)

Also can't find a comfortable position to lie in, no matter what I do with pillows confused

ellesbellesxxx Tue 02-May-17 03:50:16

Urgh I hear you!
Am 33w with twins and uncomfy, need loo every hour and 4am just seems to be the time to wake up.. for me that is, both babies seem chilled (hoping that is a sign of things to come!)
The swallowing sick was a new one for me this weekend.. beautiful 😂

How many weeks are you?

csa26 Tue 02-May-17 03:55:11

I'm only 30 weeks with one! CANNOT IMAGINE how uncomfortable it would be having 2 of the little blighters in there!! You should get a medal (frankly, we all should get medals).

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the sick hmm

ellesbellesxxx Tue 02-May-17 04:11:22

we all should have medals! Although I would settle for babies being bang on time grin
Oh yes the glamour of pregnancy.. let's just say Beyoncé and Amal are rocking twin pregnancy. Me.. not so much wink still... on final countdown to meet them now! Only 10 weeks ish left for you eek!

Mustbeinsane1984 Tue 02-May-17 10:16:45

Hi ladies, 33 weeks here and just the same (feels more real writing it...arrrgh)

I have a super active baby and has been since it started wriggling around! Never experienced this with my son as he was breech.

Added to the fact I'm uncomfy sleeping any other position apart from my back but wake up with pins and needles in my arms ( little one must be lying on a nerve) and yes the sick was a new one for me this weekend too!

Hope you are both doing ok this morning 🙂

VickyTheStitch Tue 02-May-17 17:37:27

I'm 31 weeks today and starting to really struggle at night. I've had heartburn a few times this past week and one night had heartburn and trapped wind at the same time, which was really painful! Gaviscon by the bed is essential!

I've tried to lie on my side since the 2nd trimester and have used various sized pillows under my bump and an S shaped pillow, with varying degrees of success until this past week or so, which has been terrible. I just can't find a comfy position and my main problem is that when I lie on my side now, it feels like my chest is being crushed and I'm struggling for breath. The comfiest position is sitting up because it relieves the pressure on my chest. So am now looking into V shaped pillows to make it a big easier.

Not looking forward to another couple of months of this sad

vfoster Tue 02-May-17 18:43:18

I can reccommend extra pillows for the heartburn. The higher I wedged myself up the more comfortable I can get. If that fails I've got omeprozole from the doctor which is the only way I can actually sleep!
I've got horrific pain to add to the mix when I roll over now! #mumsaretough!

csa26 Tue 02-May-17 18:55:12

Oh yeah and don't forget the CRAMPS - my calf is still sore from Sunday night when I was clinging onto my husband sobbing as he tried to straighten my leg out...

Glad to hear I'm not alone guys. This kid ever tries to give me any attitude later on in life I'm going to be all "you spent 3 months making me throw up in my mouth by kicking me in the stomach, don't you talk back at me!" grin

LauraK1987 Tue 02-May-17 20:22:08

I could have written this 😩 !!! The acid reflux and waking up to swallowing sick is now a regular thing for me too !!! Baby party's all night long (or at least that's how it feels) very uncomfortable braxton hicks and 3/4 pillows that don't actually seem to do much for me!! I'm a very tired, moany, grumpy cow to be around at the moment 😩 Only 9 weeks to go 🙈 Xx

csa26 Tue 02-May-17 22:24:14

Braxton Hicks! Don't get me started! I didn't realise what was making me so uncomfortable until a few weeks ago, now realise I first felt one around 12 weeks! And they've been frequent since about 20... Now glugging water constantly as the only advice I've had is dehydration makes it worse... Every time I walk too fast, cycle or just go up the flipping stairs they start up. Ten days ago I made the mistake of doing a train journey through Clapham Junction and Waterloo in rush hour (normally do it by bike but chickened out on this occasion as it's 10 miles of South Circular). Ended up having constant BH with lower back and belly pain and getting really worried. Got home and had a bath and the contractions calmed down, so it must have just been the stress and crowding, but it was horrible sad

Teabagtits Wed 03-May-17 00:02:45

I've found my people 😂

Almost 32w. Bump aches all day but is so much worse at night trying to turn to relieve the pgp pain in my hips. I've got restless legs, piles that ache and itch at the same time and heartburn that will keep Rennies owners in a life of luxury... and when all of that isn't bothering me I just can't bloody sleep. I had this with dd 8years ago and was so relieved when she was born as I could actually get some sleep!!!! Everyone told me to get sleep now but it actually took the baby being here to make that a reality... so there is light at the end of the tunnel!

LauraK1987 Wed 03-May-17 07:38:36

I had to ring MAU yestersday, Sunday night I'd had a really bad upset stomach from around 10pm which kicked off the braxton hicks bigtime !!! I was getting them around every five mins all night right up until about lunchtime yesterday 😳 I must admit I started to panic abit !! I get a food few hours sleep every 2-3 days but I think that's just from sheer exhaustion of not sleeping the other days 😂

csa26 Thu 11-May-17 23:49:59

How's everybody doing? Have to say it's not getting any more comfortable trying to sleep at night... got nobbled by a bastard leg cramp this evening as well argh

Teabagtits Fri 12-May-17 03:03:25

I'm still awake. Legs still jumping and bump still in spasm when I move in bed. I'm done with ''tis now sad

csa26 Fri 12-May-17 09:12:12

Aww teabagtits hope you got some sleep eventually! Not long to go...

Are you still working? I'm so lucky I don't start work until quite late in the day - really don't know how I would cope if I had to be up at 7!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now