We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bleeding in early pregnancy

(5 Posts)
waterinthebucket Sun 30-Apr-17 16:37:55

Hi I'm only 5+6. Tmi but had sex last night and after had pinkish blood come out and today at about midday haven't done anything but have had more pink come out when I wipe. Could this be a sign of the worst? I had a scan done at 5+4 and was told too early for heartbeat. Not sure what to do now. Bit miserable as is a Sunday and bank holiday. Have no idea what to think.

FluffyEwok Sun 30-Apr-17 16:44:18

I'm 10 weeks after a bowel movement today I wiped and had pink blood in cervical mucus. I've phoned epu and they've booked me in for a vaginal scan on Wednesday. You might have a sensitive cervix that's been knocked during sex.

Mrsknackered Sun 30-Apr-17 16:45:03

I couldn't say for sure as not a medical professional but it sounds like a very small amount and small bleeding after sex whilst pregnant isn't uncommon. I wouldn't panic just yet, I had bleeding that turned out to be nothing in both pregnancies flowers

passthewineplz Sun 30-Apr-17 16:45:31

It's not uncommon for some women to experience bleeding during pregnancy.

Pink blood could be implatation bleeding, so try not to worry.

If the bleeding becomes heavy, or you suddenly develop pain and or a fever, please go to a&e to be checked out.

If you continue to have pink or brown blood, keep an eye on it and see your GP.

waterinthebucket Sun 30-Apr-17 16:50:36

Thanks! I'm on my own so just sat here worrying, it was light just when I wipe and almost clearing tinged with pink and can see small bits of blood but nothing heavy. Last night I wasn't so worried was only when I wiped today and saw more at about midday. My epu isn't open now and don't think it will be tomorrow either as bank holiday. Just panicking I think. Just want to know what's going on tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now