Talk

Advanced search

Cut my finger whilst gardening

(4 Posts)
Lovetolaugh123 Sun 30-Apr-17 15:23:47

MIL has kindly been round & done some gardening for us. We took the garden waste to the tip & I grabbed hold of a prickly branch & cut my finger on a thorn (very minor cut but it bled slightly).
Now I'm freaking out about what if there was cat pee/poo on the branch & what if I've been infected with toxoplasmosis etc etc??!!
Am I panicking unnecessarily or am I right to be concerned? I'm 29 weeks pregnant.

GingerHanna Sun 30-Apr-17 15:44:50

Personally, I think you are way overthinking this.

Toxoplasmosis is not waiting for you on every branch and blade of grass. Not all cats have it and not all the time. Plus you'd need to be in contact with their faeces and that doesn't sound like it happened.

Chill out, stick a plaster on it and make yourself a cool drink which you can pretend is something stronger!

somethingwitty3432 Sun 30-Apr-17 15:47:23

You'll be fine chill out

Lovetolaugh123 Sun 30-Apr-17 15:55:38

Thanks very much for the advice, I feel a lot better now! Sometimes you just need someone to tell you you're being daft. Kind of knew I was overreacting as I was too embarrassed to ask MIL if I should be worried!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now