Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Doner kebab when pregnant....are we allowed....what about the garlic mayo?

(11 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Sat 29-Apr-17 18:31:54

Just wondering as im starving. I know its naughty but its been a long day and i cant be bothered to cook. Its that or fish n chips.

dementedpixie Sat 29-Apr-17 18:34:13

Why wouldn't it? The mayo will be pasteurised

Earhelp Sat 29-Apr-17 18:34:13

Why wouldn't it behmm

buzzmoon Sat 29-Apr-17 18:34:57

I can't imagine why not. Just make sure they cook it on the grill a bit more for you so it's not meat that's been sat around? Enjoy! 😋

WitchSharkadder Sat 29-Apr-17 18:34:58

Go for it.

Semaphorically Sat 29-Apr-17 18:36:25

The mayo is fine, commercial mayo is made with powdered egg so has no salmonella risk.

The kebab meat spinning around for days in questionable hygiene circumstances on the other hand, I personally wouldn't eat when pregnant.

Littlecaf Sat 29-Apr-17 18:45:11

Lion stamped Eggs are fine anyway, but the mayo will be commercial mayo unless you are thinking about getting your kebab from L'Escargot then I'd go for it.

GaladrielsRing Sat 29-Apr-17 18:53:55

I hope so - I've had one nearly every week for the past 34😂

Teakind Sat 29-Apr-17 23:32:20

Personally I wouldn't risk it. I also know someone who caught ecoli from a kebab whilst pregnant. I wouldn't worry about the mayo though!

dede124 Sun 30-Apr-17 08:48:57

I personally wouldn't eat dinner meat when pregnant just because of what it contains. But I don't see why it it wouldn't be safe ! smile

MiniMaxi Sun 30-Apr-17 08:59:34

I'm sure it's too late now (as no doubt you made the decision yesterday!) but how about a well done shish?!

(I avoided yoghurt sauce when prego as couldn't be sure it was pasteurised milk, but I wouldn't worry about eggs - no risk to baby from salmonella)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now