Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ridiculous nappy question

(8 Posts)
sockgate Sat 29-Apr-17 18:24:26

Sorry for ridiculous question - for those of you who avoided the Tommee Tippee/Angelcare nappy bins, what size and type of ordinary bin did you get? Do you think this www.argos.co.uk/product/9151644 or this direct.asda.com/george/george-home/tontarelli-bullet-bin-25-litre-platinum-and-black/001432859,default,pd.html will do the trick?

We only have a small kitchen waste bin, so we were hoping that this would contain 24 hours of nappies and one of us could then sling them outside every night.

LightYears Sat 29-Apr-17 18:27:57

That looks fine to me. Fragrance nappy bags help too.

Littleraincloud Sat 29-Apr-17 18:30:24

It will be fine. Newborn nappies are tiny

zzzzz Sat 29-Apr-17 18:35:38

25l is fine. I'd go for a pedal bin because they "seal" better. An inch of kitty litter in the bottom of the bag sucks up smells. Tiny babies produce tiny nappies. To be happy nest a bin bag with a clip
Is just as effective unless you have toddlers/pets.

sockgate Sat 29-Apr-17 18:56:07

Thanks very much!

Cutesbabasmummy Sun 30-Apr-17 20:28:33

We just got a small swing top bin which lives in our conservatory. Our son is 2 now so hoping to get rid 9f it in the next year when he's ready for potty training x

TeaBelle Sun 30-Apr-17 20:31:02

We just use a carrier bag. No problems. Really really bad poos get 2 happy bags, buy we just take to the wheelie bin every time we go out (once or twice a day) - it isn't close enough to the house for me to leave dd alone while I pop out there.

MrsChopper Sun 30-Apr-17 20:33:19

We got a little bin from Ikea that cost less than a tenner. We use scented bin liners which is fine for wet nappies. Dirty nappies are wrapped in scented nappy sacks too. Really wouldn't bother wasting your money on anything fancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now