Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How to count weeks?

(6 Posts)
Lemondrop09 Sat 29-Apr-17 15:14:56

Sorry if this is a silly question....!

My baby is measuring almost a full week ahead. By my LMP, I'm just over 17 weeks. But by the dating scan I'm 18 weeks.

When I had my midwife appointment, she said "oh you're 17+5" so must have been going by the dating scan.

Sooooo..... how many weeks pregnant do I say I am? 17 or 18? Do I just forget the LMP now and go on the dating scan? I'd prefer to e 18 weeks lol grin

gruffalocake2 Sat 29-Apr-17 15:26:01

I'd say once you have a 12week dating scan that's the date you go by. I have an early scan showing a slightly different date to lmp but early ones aren't as accurate so I consider myself x-y date and hedge my bets!

Spam88 Sat 29-Apr-17 16:23:59

Healthcare professionals will all use the dates based on your scan now, so that's what I'd go with.

honeycheeerios Sat 29-Apr-17 16:29:50

HCP will go off the scan as that is more reliable than LMP dates.

Lemondrop09 Sun 30-Apr-17 08:47:56

Thanks everyone, I'm going to stick with the further along date too as it makes me feel better! (Bet baby still arrives at 42 weeks shock)

Hollyhop17 Sun 30-Apr-17 09:36:49

Defo go with the dating scan Lemon. That will be whats on your matb1 form etc. Mine changed by a day so I tell everyone the 19 July but officially its the 20th. For reasons you understand I want to be closer to due date not further away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now