Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why am I unhappy and not excited!

(4 Posts)
Misstigger69 Sat 29-Apr-17 12:06:01

I'm 18weeks pregnant and at the start i didn't want to buy thing or get to excited as I didn't want to jinx things now I'm nearly half way and I'm not excited at all. I almost feel in denial about being pregnant. I haven't felt anything yet and I no that's normal but I not showing either as I have always been a bit more on th plump side. Is this normal I just worry I should be a lot happier than I am. It was a planned pregnancy. I did have morning sickness at he start but that faded around 13 weeks.... am I normal... :-(
Thanks
Lauren x

Supersmith Sat 29-Apr-17 12:33:49

Hi, I'm same around 18weeks and I don't feel pregnant at all. Ive always carried fat more on my tummy and have IBS so Ive always had a big stomach. Just hoping a baby bump bursts out later on in pregnancy!

I've not really bought anything either, due to it being a first time pregnancy I'm a bag of nerves. I'm taking things easy though and you should do the same. Enjoy this time as I have a feeling (from seeing other later pregnancy threads) that it's going be very busy and tiring for you when you get closer to your due date.

Goosey84 Sun 30-Apr-17 09:05:18

This is my first too and I'm 15 weeks. I was talking to my sister (who is a mum of 3) and she was telling me that early in the second trimester she just felt like a fraud as there were no signs she was pregnant! I'm the same. I keep hoping for a bump and when it arrives it disappears a day later (joys of bloating!)

I'm going to my first pregnancy yoga later. I think it may help to connect with non-existent bump! The positive feelings will kick in soon as all the worry that has been had has clouded the good vibes smile xx

ellenraelambert Sun 30-Apr-17 09:07:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now