Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Were you expecting AF but then got a surprise BFP?

(9 Posts)
Thingymaboob Sat 29-Apr-17 10:58:24

I've been pregnant before and miscarried. I'm 5 days away from AF and I feel she's looming. Last time I was pregnant I knew (implantation bleeding, fatigue, vivid dreams, sore boobs). My boobs are killing me and I've had a lot of dreams this month. Anyway, I'm resided to the fact that I'm out this month but I'm just seeing if anyone else thought they were out but then had a happy surprise?!

wickedwitchoftheweb Sat 29-Apr-17 13:29:53

Yep! Tested negative until AF was about four days late aswell so I really was expecting her! My boobs killed me to! Good luck flowers

SirNiallDementia Sat 29-Apr-17 13:53:30

Yep, had all the normal AF symptoms, grumpy, craving sugar, achy back then AF came but was light and lasted just 2 days so I did a test and was PG! Continued to have spotting at AF time for a few months which was really worrying but all the scans showed a healthy baby and DS is 10 now!

feesh Sat 29-Apr-17 14:09:11

Yep, I was wearing a mooncup for what turned out to be an implantation bleed! Took it out and washed it and there was hardly anything in it, popped it back in and got nothing. Still didn't occur to me to test for another couple of weeks though (when I felt really ill and sick all the time!).

Stevieo Sat 29-Apr-17 14:47:41

Yes, ttc for a year. 12 times I convinced myself we had conceived, 12 time AF came. I have been pregnant before and always knew before I tested because I was violently sick from about 5 days. This time though I wasn't even nauseous, I had period pains the day I was due on so went to supermarket to buy sanitary towels, walked passed the pregnancy tests and picked them up. Not even sure why as I was convinced I wasnt. Anyway, I didn't get a Bfp that day but did about a week later. DS is now 8 mo

Todayistuesday Sat 29-Apr-17 15:07:30

I did. Was completely convinced I wasn't. Only did the test because Clearblue monitor said to.

vfoster Sat 29-Apr-17 20:57:31

Yep, I wasn't sure when AF was due since I had stopped the pill. Took a test on the Monday and it was negative. A week of feeling sick, tired and irrationally angry led me to test again on the Saturday and BFP!

2bluestars Sat 29-Apr-17 21:24:45

Yes, kept taking tampax to the loo with me for about a week as was convinced period was imminent. Didn't occur to me I could be pregnant!

Robinkitty Sat 29-Apr-17 21:30:02

Yes, with dc3 I was convinced af was on the way, wore a mooncupto work etc my mood and physical symptoms were exactly like af was on the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now