Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Low hormone levels and progesterone tablets. Anyone had similar experience?

(9 Posts)
PollyCazaletWannabe Sat 29-Apr-17 10:47:28

Hi, I had a MMC and ERPC in January, baby was estimated to have died at 5 + 6. Currently 5 + 4 with a new pregnancy, which is great, but unfortunately I have been told that my HCG and progesterone levels are low considering my LMP date. Had a scare yesterday with some brown bleeding (not much but still!). My hormone levels were tested today and the good news is that hcg has trebled since Thursday and progesterone has doubled. However they are still considered low and the doctor has put me on progesterone tablets for 3 weeks. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with low HCG and progesterone levels at this stage? Obviously I am really anxious given what happened last time sad

PollyCazaletWannabe Sat 29-Apr-17 11:11:10

Bumping for help - feeling very anxious

Caterina99 Sat 29-Apr-17 13:50:58

Hi OP my HCG was very low with this pregnancy. Progesterone low too. It was tested due to previous ectopic and they basically said it didn't look good at all. 22 at 4+1. Progesterone around 5 or something. The numbers did double appropriately though and progesterone went up. I think hcg varies a lot naturally as now I'm 16 weeks and so far all is ok. I was given a progesterone supplement too which I took for a few weeks.

PollyCazaletWannabe Sat 29-Apr-17 14:32:50

Hi Caterina and thanks for your reply. Mine was 40 on Thursday at 5 + 2 but today has trebled to 120, so that's good I guess. Glad to hear your pregnancy is progressing well x

Archie2011 Wed 12-Jul-17 22:04:22

I'm so confused I have been ttc for 3 years, have PCOS!! found out I was pregnant 10 days ago. Due to irregular periods in somewhere between 3-6 weeks!! Dr send me from bloods and they can back at (dr thought) 4weeks 6 day 52ml and 5weeks 122ml. Dr called me in today and said it's possible Ectopic and have booked a scan tomorrow morning, still having pregnancy symptoms and positive tests I'm so confused 😳

peachgreen Thu 13-Jul-17 13:35:19

@Archie2011 You should start your own thread rather than posting on lots of other people's.

Archie2011 Thu 13-Jul-17 14:00:35

I've never used a site like this before so was unaware!! Didn't realise it would bother people so much!

Paige124 Thu 13-Jul-17 14:18:54

Peachgreen what's the problem with archie2011 posting on this thread? After all we're all here for support and should stick together and support each other. That seems to be quite an insensitive thing to say to someone who is so uncertain with a pregnancy. Personal opinion but I just don't think there is need for that

peachgreen Thu 13-Jul-17 14:39:45

@Archie2011 No worries, you're just more likely to get a response on your own thread.

@Paige124 Given OP had posted on 4-5 threads and not got a response I thought I would recommend she start her own thread as she'd be more likely to to get the answers she was looking for. Plus a lot of the threads were women who had ectopic pregnancies who maybe didn't want that particular thread coming back up into their feeds again with someone else's unrelated issue. Someone did that on my miscarriage thread a few months afterwards and I found it very upsetting and insensitive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now