Talk

Advanced search

I just had surgery 4 days ago because I was ectopic but HGG still going up

(9 Posts)
user1493416129 Fri 28-Apr-17 23:13:23

Me and my husband found out I was pregnant on the 10th April (around a month gone). As you can imagine very excited to have a second child, but very quickly I began to feel ill, and felt completely different this pregnancy. I felt faint/dizzy and just run down (we joked it was a girl this time), then by 15th I started to bleed lightly, and on the 16th I woke up in agony with rib pain and went to a and e. From then on I was sent on to early pregnancy unit where they conformed I was pregnant. It was ectopic but by the time they confirmed it will blood tests and multiple scans lucky I naturally lost it, but my HGG level carried on going up. So on the 21st I had key hole surgery where the cleaned out my tubes of the remaining blood and had a look inside (luckily no removal of my tubes) and also nothing there. I went back yesterday for a scan and blood test, the scan shows nothing, but my bloods are still going up six days after they done the surgery. I don't know weather to feel joy or cry that I'm going to go through it again. I don't know if there's hope I can have the baby, or even if there's a baby. We haven't slept together since I started bleeding so it can't be a new baby. Has anyone else experience it? I'm still on so much pain meds from the surgery I can't think straight or even carry my 6 month son. Me and my husband can't make sense of what the doctors are saying one minute I'm pregnant, then I've naturally lost it, then I'm not and now I maybe. Has anyone else experienced this positive or negative outcome. I just don't know what to prepare myself for

jimijack Fri 28-Apr-17 23:16:57

Hi, unfortunately I still had a positive pregnancy test up to two weeks after a complete miscarriage.
Pregnancy hormones for me, took a long time to go from my system.

user1493416129 Fri 28-Apr-17 23:26:40

Did the HGG levels keep going up even after you miscarried x

jimijack Sat 29-Apr-17 12:28:48

Hi, I didn't bother having bloods taken, no point, didn't tell me any new information. I knew I had miscarried, blood results just confused the situation.
After 7 miscarriages, I didn't bother with pregnancy testing after miscarriage either.

Unfortunately I followed advice and had regular blood tests during the first & second mc, I thought that was what was needed.
Levels increased but only by 50-100, then began to drop.
This told me that the pregnancy was not viable. I was bleeding heavily, in severe pain with symptoms of pregnancy gone. I knew. I did not need bloods to confirm this, I knew.
I stopped having blood taken from then on.

Sorry, hope things have settled down for you now x

RedSandYellowSand Sat 29-Apr-17 12:35:25

Going up at what speed?
Doubling every 2 days, as per a healthy pregnancy? Or creeping up?
What blood tests confirmed you had miscarried?

It might be worth looking at Ectopic Pregnancy Trust forums.

flowers flowers flowers

user1493416129 Sat 29-Apr-17 19:27:28

There not doubling but theyve been going up the last week , but I feel like they have really messed up now. They've now said I haven't miscarried, it's the same child and they want to re-do the key-hole surgery. I don't understand how they can keep changing there minds. In the discharge letter I've just been sent today, they've put questions marks next to miscarried, they've said it was not etopic but the scan they took what was the reason I had surgery showed a birth sack what counted as ectopic, then when they oppritated it wasn't there but there's blood. They told me I miscarried and discharged me now they are saying I'm still pregnant and they need to do key hole again? I now feel like there covering thereselfs as none of the paperwork matches what the Drs told me. Plus it should be an emergency operation to do it on a pregnant lady and there should be something there for them to operate right? Plus if they don't get what there looking for surely they shouldn't of sent me hone. I have a 6 month old I still can't hold properly because that operation. The last 3 weeks I've been going through hell not knowing wether Im pregnant or not. Can anyone help on what to do. I don't want to see the same dr now I feel like he has failed me. Ive grieved for this baby only to find I might have to grieve again.

mysecret321 Sat 29-Apr-17 20:46:34

Didn't want to read and run, just wanted to say so sorry you're going through it! Last thing you need is doctors messing you about! I hope it all works out for you x

EllaNB Sat 29-Apr-17 21:49:11

Hello User,

Sorry to hear about what you are going through. When are you due to have the key whole surgery again?

I had an ectopic pregnancy previously and my left Fallopian tube ruptured causing me to have emergency surgery. If they believed that you had an ectopic pregnancy still I believe the would want to complete the key hole surgery asap to prevent this from happening from you. I am sure they would also want you in asap so they could locate the pregnancy, I had an internal scan at the hospital about an hour before my tube ruptured which confirmed it was an ectopic pregnancy. Have they requested you come in for any scans?

Xxx

user1493416129 Sat 29-Apr-17 22:14:11

I've had 3 scans. First showed nothing. Then my second I saw a consultant and he scanned me and found either a cyst or birthsack but said there was no blood to it so though it was a birthsack. They then done keyhole found nothing but blood in my pipes (what the paperwork doesn't state). He then said I miscarried told me to go in
Thursday just gone to re-scan and re-bloods. Scan on Thursday showed nothing but bloods are still rising but not doubling. I then was told to come in today for bloods again, they then told me again they've raised. I also received a copy of my discharge letter saying not etopic, no blood and question mark next to miscarried. I fell like it's been altered. He told me it was gone, sent me home and then said I had to come back to just check everything is healing well. My consultant isn't on till Monday, but she gave me an appointment Thursday and said I should be called in before. But I just feel so bitter towards him now. If they've messed up why can't they be honest with me, now I don't trust the judgement on if I even need the op or if I could of had a normal pregnancy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now