Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling movement but getting negative test results

(8 Posts)
chunkytoes Fri 28-Apr-17 18:26:01

Hi ladies

So I have a 6 month old girl who is being weaned but I'm still breastfeeding. I've started to feel movement on my right side, same as with my LO. First thing was when I was laying down in bed and it came out of nowhere. Also I had a hot bath the other day and as I was getting in I noticed movement again, exactly the same as I felt when I was pregnant and baba was trying to tell me the water was too hot lol.

I had a spot of blood about 2 months ago but nothing else until today when I had what looked more like blood tinged discharge (my periods have always been super heavy so this is totally alien to me).

I've also noticed that my belly seems to be getting bigger even though I'm eating less and more healthy for the past couple of months, it's like I can lose weight off of everywhere but the belly seems to be getting bigger? And at sometimes the area around the bladder seems quite stiff to the touch.

I've done two tests but they've both come back negative, although my first pregnancy which sadly miscarried never showed up on a test at all and my LO only showed up when I was 8 weeks along.

Has anyone had anything similar to any of the above happen to them? I think I'll be making a GP appointment first thing Monday but was curious if any of this had happened to any other ladies!

mum2benicole Fri 28-Apr-17 18:47:17

I get this a lot and feels like a baby squirming around my youngest is almost 2 and I have the coil in so I'm defo not expecting but have had that feeling since ds was born.... it's strange x

calimommy Fri 28-Apr-17 20:15:45

How many weeks would you be? I'm not being smart but there's no way your feeling baby if it's very early, their arms and legs are simply too small. I have also had 'baby sensations' when I definitely wasn't pregnant, I call them phantom babies 😂 but they are simply the bowel. I think once you know what a baby moving feels like then your more likely to associate those sensations with baby. Especially if your getting negative tests.

Oysterbabe Fri 28-Apr-17 20:20:13

I felt proper kicks a few times that made me super paranoid that I was pregnant. I wasn't.

Sweetyboo Fri 28-Apr-17 20:26:31

I had 3 m/c but in between i felt this kinda movements too like twitching inside belly. Felt like a kick or baby move its so weird. Defo wasnt prag weird

ladyvimes Fri 28-Apr-17 20:28:18

Very common. It's either wind, muscle spasms or your own pulse.

IllBeAtTheSpa Fri 28-Apr-17 20:31:11

It's a common thing for at least 12months after birth. I believe it's your uterus contracting back down and it can feel like kicks or movements

CazY777 Fri 28-Apr-17 20:37:50

I had this for quite a few months after my daughter was born. I put it down to my uterus and muscles returning back to how they were (well, not quite!), I worried that I was pregnant again but I wasn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now