Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fainting spells 16 weeks

(6 Posts)
Fairy45 Fri 28-Apr-17 11:17:26

Hi
I have the worst headache and have had it since last weekend. Nothing touches it cant sleep because or it. I also feel faint and keep going light headed and fainting. I went to midwife she did obs and blood and said everything was normal and just left it unexplained. Has anyone else experienced this and does it just pass?
TIA

Disastronaut Fri 28-Apr-17 12:47:31

I had exactly the same! 17 weeks now & last week I got up in the night & suddenly got terribly sick, dizzy, faint & with such a bad headache I thought I was dying. I ended up going to the hospital - me and the baby both seem to be fine. Had no real explanation, possibly combo of low blood pressure/ blood sugar or 'just one of those things'.

I'm still having headaches most days now but apparently that's pretty normal in the 2nd trimester.

It's horrible isn't it? I was terrified. But if they say we're ok then...that's good, I guess!

leanandgreen Fri 28-Apr-17 18:41:48

Exactly the same, I fainted the night before I got my bfp, then again at 16 weeks and almost again at week 17. I've been getting bad head aches since week 16.

I wasn't too worried about it to be honest because my mum said she fainted lots whilst she was pregnant with me.

Just keep a snack nearby at all times and keep hydrated.

Fairy45 Fri 28-Apr-17 20:54:25

Glad to know it just passes Im eating and drinking loads and was hoping it was just another quirk of pregnancy!

Impatientwino Fri 28-Apr-17 21:04:22

Low blood pressure can cause dizziness/light headedness and fainting.

I get it a lot particularly if stand up or bend over quickly.

Not much you can do but try and increase your fluid intake - that should help.

Fairy45 Fri 28-Apr-17 21:13:35

Yea when they took bp it was higher than booking by quite a bit i expected low bp and thought they may have suggested changing some meds im on which is why i went but think we were both shocked to find it was raised . Thanks for advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now