Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone elses gag reflex completely out of control!?

(8 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Fri 28-Apr-17 09:55:31

I can't smell/see/touch anything without being set off and the vast majority of the time it brings on the vomiting that I wouldn't be doing otherwise. My throats starting to kill me 😟 and it's starting to impact my work (getting in on time, lunches and drinking... Even someone eating something at their desk sets me off!!)

SarahOoo Fri 28-Apr-17 10:17:01

Mine was really bad too, I even had to change to fragrance free shampoo, fairy liquid etc!

I can't give you much advice, luckily mine happened during scarf weather so I used to keep it up by my face when I was out and about and I smelled something awful. My poor cat even had to give up wet food in favour of biscuits!

How many weeks are you?

OnNaturesCourse Fri 28-Apr-17 10:44:29

9 weeks... Funny enough it was my cats food that set it off this morning. Really struggling today after the bad start

SarahOoo Fri 28-Apr-17 11:34:05

Try to limit the bad smells at home, I'd recommend changing the cat food or getting your partner to do the food. Leaving the house without having been triggered will at least give you a better start. Best of luck for your pregnancy!

OnNaturesCourse Fri 28-Apr-17 12:24:41

Unfortunately I can't change the food, special diet! And it's only me at home in mornings... DP has been amazing with the rest.

I bleach cleaned the fridge and the cold smell still sets me off. As does the warm smell if the heating is on. I honestly can't avoid it, car fumes do it too!

JanuaryJuniper Fri 28-Apr-17 12:41:15

Oh gosh I am so sick of it thinking about something can even set me off. It's a horrible feeling. In my last pregnancy in lasted up until about 30 weeks but was not as bad to that point as it was in first few months and it looks like it's going to be the same for this pregnancy

LoobyLou0226 Fri 28-Apr-17 12:44:41

Hopefully will give you some hope but I had this really bad in the beginning and brushing my teeth was a total nightmare but I'm 22 weeks now and it has totally gone but can't really remember at what stage it went

OnNaturesCourse Fri 28-Apr-17 15:56:08

Looby I live in hope! I'm on antibiotics and anti sickness but even the taste/smell make swallowing them hard. They've come back up whole recently..so clearly I got no use out of them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now