Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hospital Bag

(9 Posts)
Crisscrosscranky Thu 27-Apr-17 19:32:09

Right, I'm 29 weeks so thinking about starting to collect some bits for my hospital bag. I've got the basics- big pants, pads, clothes for baby etc. but anything else that you'd recommend?

What did you wear home?

Labour with DD1 was quick and unexpected so didn't have a bag- my husband 'packed' for me after she was born! I plan to be a bit more 'together' this time.

Lesdiscrets Thu 27-Apr-17 19:33:46

Plastic bag for any yucky stuff!
Vaseline if your having a boy. Stick poop and delicate boy bits isnt nice haha xxx

Lesdiscrets Thu 27-Apr-17 19:34:12

Sticky*

WoopWoop200 Thu 27-Apr-17 19:36:22

Phone charger. Dressing gown. Toiletries.
Some comfy clothes for dp in case you're there for a while.
Books or music for early stages or after maybe

newmumwithquestions Thu 27-Apr-17 19:39:08

If you're planning to breastfeed then lanosin
I wore tracksuit trousers and a giant t shirt home (classy!)
Take food. Apart from the post birth toast I wasn't fed with no 2. Not sure if that's a thing now or they just forgot me.

newmumwithquestions Thu 27-Apr-17 19:39:52

Oh god yes phone charger.

MrsChopper Thu 27-Apr-17 19:44:07

Dressing gown - ideally black as it hides any 'accidents' iyswim
Flip flops to wear in the shower

I had my bag more or less packed. I was missing a 'going home' outfit. Had DC 5 weeks early unexpectedly. DP brought my bag the following day. The hospital kindly provided everything I needed until then (incl. clothes for DS). I never gave my going home outfit a thought as I had gone to hospital in nice clothes. By the time I was allowed to leave hospital I had lost so much weight and water that I had to keep hold of my maternity pants as they would have dropped to my ankles. Also had to shuffle to the car in shoes that were a size too big as my feet had swollen so much during pregnancy. Luckily everyone thought I was walkig so slowly because I was still recovering from childbirth blush

Eeeeek2 Fri 28-Apr-17 08:38:57

One of those squash concentrates in a squeeze pot to add to hospital water.

Lip balm -gas and air dries the mouth

Clothes to go home in - I choose a maternity dress as I knew it wouldn't fall down and I didn't feel like maternity jeans. I wasn't outside long as dh could park right outside the door for pick ups.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 28-Apr-17 10:20:29

I'm just out of hospital. Ended up being moved several times between wards which can leave you a bit neglected on food and drugs. On that basis I was pleased to have a long life tuna ready meal available (although I didn't eat it), snacks, super concentrated squash, paracetamol and ibuprofen. I agree with taking lip balm and would also have some tissues. Maternity pads and breast pads. Slippers/flip flops for walking around (although ffs not so useful if you end up in support stockings, I took crocs instead). Dark dressing gown. Muslins to provide extra cover if you breastfeed. Maybe head phones and a book to read.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now