Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Polyhydramnios

(8 Posts)
haveacupoftea Thu 27-Apr-17 16:10:28

Just wondering if anyone else has too much fluid around baby? I only found out I have this at growth scan on Tuesday (I have GD) but it makes sense - I was actually able to hear fluid sloshing about in my belly but thought I'd just drank too much! My deepest pool is 13cm and I'm going to be induced after 37 weeks (am 35 weeks tomorrow) but I can't help but wonder if I will make it that far. I'm feeling quite uncomfortable with a lot of pressure between the baby's head engaging and all the fluid.

Just interested in hearing experiences from anyone else as it's not something any of my friends or family have had before smile

vfoster Thu 27-Apr-17 17:42:43

I had it for no real reason in my first pregnancy. It genuinely was never a problem at any point.
I was induced on my due date and kept thinking I'd never make it as I was so big! Turns out even after 4 days of induction I still didn't go into labour! I ended up with an emerging section due to the failed induction but I personally didn't have any issues with the fluid....except that there was so much when they broke my water! It was everywhere!

haveacupoftea Fri 28-Apr-17 10:00:36

Thanks for sharing and glad it caused you no problems!! Am quite looking forward to see just how much water comes out tbh - gross I know grin

thecatsarecrazy Fri 28-Apr-17 10:27:44

I had it. G.d wasn't picked up until 38 weeks. Only found out by accident because m.w thought baby was breech and sent me for a scan. I was huge and uncomfortable but that wasn't picked up. I was induced at 38 plus 2 and had to stay in once pessary was fitted. They warned me if waters went at home to phone an ambulance and come in because there's a risk of cord coming down before baby. Waters didn't go and were burst during labour by a doctor. There was a lot, every push more would come.

C4Envelope Fri 28-Apr-17 10:33:05

Yes if your waters break go onto hands and knees and lean forward with your bahookie in the air and phone ambulance as the cord could come through. I was huge huge huge with polyhydramnions -no problems as such just huge stretchmarks and the dreaded "apron" after emergency c section. I ended up having an emcs because babies head disnegaged due to all the fluid. Consultants exact phrase was, "woah! That a lot of waters"- followed by a laugh of amazement and horror - it went everywhere! I had hind waters too which I didnt know were a thing until they burst!

C4Envelope Fri 28-Apr-17 10:34:26

Best of luck OP - they are keeping an eye in you and thats the main thing flowers

Imnotacelebgetmeouttahere Fri 28-Apr-17 10:36:21

I had this with all of mine to the extent my waters ruptured early - and seemed endless! As others have said, if waters go - call an ambulance and get on your knees with butt in the air!

haveacupoftea Fri 28-Apr-17 10:59:45

The consultant didn't say anything about the cord coming out first! I wonder if that's because the baby's head is well engaged - but then it can disengage again can't it? Eek hope I make it to 37 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now