Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd baby not planned.

(10 Posts)
ontono3 Thu 27-Apr-17 13:17:09

Hi
I found out last week that I'm expecting baby no3 as above not planned we used a condom but it slipped slightly at the end 🙈 I have a 3 yr old boy and 9 month old girl any baby is a blessing so we will make it work just slightly freaked out by the prospect of having 3 under 5 not really sure what the point in my post is just needed to chat to someone x

C0untDucku1a Thu 27-Apr-17 13:28:43

Congratultions!

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 27-Apr-17 13:38:46

Oh it's a shock when you're not expecting to see that + isn't it!?

You'll be fine, I had 3 under 4 (well for a month & 2 days I had 3 under 3). It wasn't that bad, dc2 still had a decent afternoon nap & dc1 was happy to sit & play quietly or cuddle & read with me during that time. Then in the September dc1 went to nursery & I had quality time with dc2 while dc3 napped. Will you're eldest have started school by the time baby arrives? That makes things a little easier (once you're in a routine) too.

It really can't have been that terrible as I'm 24 weeks pregnant with dc5! There'll be 7 years 5 months from oldest to youngest.

ontono3 Thu 27-Apr-17 14:20:46

Hey thanks for the reply.

DC1 is already at school he started in January just after his third birthday he's full time so that will make things a lot easier he's brilliant with his little sister he adores her. Not sure DC2 will feel the same about new baby as she's very spoilt and will only be 17 months when baby arrives ino my son will be good as gold he's been asking for a little brother for a while but I'm sure he'd be happy with either there both relatively good children in blessed really it's just a scary prospect. You must be very head strong with 5 children I think I would pull my hair out lol 😂 DC2 doesn't nap much during the day but I'm not fussed she sleeps all night so that's fine by me x

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 27-Apr-17 16:26:54

I think routine is helpful, especially in term time, without it I'd probably be sat in a cupboard with a bottle crate of wine. Sometimes small age gaps can be useful as it doesn't take them that long to forget being the 'baby' iysim? It can make the pregnancy tiring though. It's good she sleeps well at night as that will allow you to rest, well before newborn sleepless nights begin! I think the thought is scarier than the reality smile

ontono3 Thu 27-Apr-17 16:55:09

Yes your definitely right once baby is here ino we will all settle in to a routine just fine. It's just getting to that point. I think what is making all feel a bit strange is that when I told my mum she's wasn't best pleased only the week before she was saying she didn't want any more grandchildren she's fine now but it made me feel a bit miffed.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 27-Apr-17 17:33:13

People have odd reactions sometimes. We've not told many people about this baby for that reason. My Gran found out just before Easter & told my dad I should have been sterilised shock. Thankfully she's not spoken to me since.

angelinheaven Thu 27-Apr-17 17:38:24

I do think the closer the gap the better, and sometimes its other people's comments that put a downer on the whole situation. You will love them and care for them, there will be easy times and hard tiring times, but all will be worth it.

angelinheaven Thu 27-Apr-17 17:39:48

Forgot to say pp is so right, have a good routine and rest and relax and don't feel guilty for resting and just enjoying a sleep and cuddles x

ontono3 Thu 27-Apr-17 17:45:26

Wow that wasn't a nice comment from your gran. But I'm just going with the (it's my life not yours response) seems to be working so far grin . I do love mumsnet though it's been my goto place since I was pregnant with my first x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now