Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

1st pregnancys when did you get a bump?

(27 Posts)
Corrinax Thu 27-Apr-17 06:52:55

So im 16 weeks i hav no bump n no symptoms i dont feel pregnant at all ita driving me mad!! Midwife is next week!

Iv always had a spare tyre belly so thought maybe thats why u cant tell if theres a bump under there but then i can suck it all in and be totally flat??? Wheres my baby? When did ppl start to recognise a difference in their bellys im 5ft7 n 85kg hav quite a lot of muscle 😣

SucklingDuckling Thu 27-Apr-17 07:00:08

I'm 5'8 and a size 14-16 pre pregnancy. I only started noticing a bump around 20 weeks and only now at 26 are other people noticing too. Don't worry too much about it! X

dede124 Thu 27-Apr-17 07:00:30

I could tell myself from around 10 weeks but other people couldn't. iv always had quite a bloated stomach but now it's really obvious and I'm 16 weeks... They say it sometimes shows later with your first pregnancy so don't worry!

Spudlet Thu 27-Apr-17 07:04:53

About 10 weeks, but it was mostly gas grin (Pregnancy: such a magical special time). I started wearing maternity jeans to accommodate the Goodyear Blimp effect but nobody else could tell for a while I think! I did show quite early though. People could tell easily by sort of 16 weeks on, I think.

I did have a humungous bump though so no wonder it started growing earlier than I believe is is usual.

arbrighton Thu 27-Apr-17 08:19:42

Bloated up to 12 weeks then flatish for about 3 weeks and popped at 15 weeks.

Size 12-14 but fairly fit/ flat tummy pre pregnancy

ifyouthinkiwillsleepyoudream Thu 27-Apr-17 08:22:13

You could start to tell there's something there from around 12-14 weeks. But I was also a bit bloated at the beginning so it was hard to tell!

mrscrocopop Thu 27-Apr-17 08:23:45

Not until about week 20/22.
Don't worry, at 16 weeks your baby is so tiny it doesn't need much space! Enjoy being able to move/bend etc while you can! You have plenty of time feeling tired, heavy and cumbersome ahead of you! ☺️

mummabubs Thu 27-Apr-17 08:24:55

I'm 16+5 with my first and I'd say I only "popped" about 4 days ago- before that there was a bump(ish) but would change size and hardness a lot during the day so I suspect was more a bloat baby! πŸ˜‚ Now though it's definitely there all the time, harder and a different shape to bloat. Having said that a lot of my friends didn't "pop" until 18-20 weeks with their first I think xx

DryIce Thu 27-Apr-17 08:25:53

I'm 25 weeks now and have only the last few weeks had a definite bump. It still doesn't stick out past my boobs (which I feel is a key landmark!), So unless i wear tightish tops other people don't seem to notice yet.

silkpyjamasallday Thu 27-Apr-17 08:29:43

I was about 12 weeks when I had a distinct little bump rather than bloating, but I had a 22 inch waist so I think bump had to pop out sooner as there wasn't much space!

arbrighton Thu 27-Apr-17 08:30:15

Oh, i only just started sticking out past my boobs in the last couple of weeks (30+2) now as my boobs ballooned!

Corrinax Thu 27-Apr-17 08:32:42

Thanks girls i suppose i still just have to try and be patient wahhh hopefully next week midwife app will reassure me until i start to see n feel any difference! Baby daddy is in america and back next week so was hoping he would get to c a little bump but we both hav to wait longer i guess 😴

mrsbumblebees Thu 27-Apr-17 09:20:47

Hi Corrinax, I feel just the same! 15 weeks today and although I thought my tummy might be changing shape a little last week, I don't think much has happened since then! Don't have many other symptoms either really and although I know I should be grateful for the lack of sickness, I really want a bump and to be able to feel the baby move and kick, just so i feel properly pregnant!

Think we will just have to wait a bit longer, when I'm huge I'm sure I'll look back on this post and wonder why on earth I was wishing the time away wink

confusedat23 Thu 27-Apr-17 10:46:33

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow and people started noticing maybe 2-3 weeks ago... but everyone is different and i always knew i was going to be a whale in pregnancy lol was a size 10 with a little podgey tum before

C0untDucku1a Thu 27-Apr-17 10:49:18

I was a size 8 pre pregnncy. Always had a flat stomach. Was 16-17 weeks when i got a bump.

ighinici Thu 27-Apr-17 15:01:57

for me, it started around 18-19 weeks, but up until 22 weeks it wasn't really noticeable. after that, people who knew me could tell. at 25 weeks it was obvious for anyone (there was a significant and sudden increase between 23 and 25 weeks)

OnNaturesCourse Thu 27-Apr-17 16:49:10

I was size 8 top, 12 bottom pre pregnancy.

I'm 9 weeks and already struggling to hide it. Just looks like I've put on a stone or so at the moment, no bump, but people know my stomach is pretty flat normally so it's pretty obvious.

I look bloated all over, and definitely feel wider.

My mum didn't have a bump with me but suffered with all over water retention so I'm hoping I'm not heading that way. She ballooned... And I'm doing the same. πŸ˜‘πŸ˜Ÿ

fezzik1 Thu 27-Apr-17 17:33:29

I'm a size 10/12, with a small amount of belly fat to start with and had nothing to show until about week 20.. apart from gas ;) only now at around 27 weeks am I starting to look pregnant (and only in tight/fitted clothing)

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Thu 27-Apr-17 18:00:49

I'm a size 8, and had a completely flat stomach till 20 weeks. I've now got a gentle curve at 25 weeks, but that could be mistaken for a spare tyre TBH. I saw my midwife yesterday and she said it was absolutely fine, I have a strong set of abs holding him in but growth is bang on target.

You've probably just got a good set of abdominal muscles, don't worry! Different people show in different ways and at different times due to fitness, body type, length of torso, position of baby and a ton of other reasons. There's definitely no one-size-fits-all for pregnancy.

Corrinax Thu 27-Apr-17 18:16:54

Thanks everyone i feel a bit less stressed now cnt wait to here babys heartbeat next week and then i will book a private scan to find out what were having 😊😊 i cnt wait till my next scan il be 21 weeks

Lemondrop09 Thu 27-Apr-17 18:28:25

Silly question but where did your bump first appear? High? Low? Right the way down your front?

I'm on the larger side and carry my weight around my tummy and hips, so not expecting to see a baby bump for a while. I'm 17 weeks now, and scans are still happening low down under my belly button so baby is clearly still down there.

Buuuut I've changed shape. I now stick out from under my boobs all the way down to my belly button, where as this used the be fairly flat with chub level with my hips. Is this baby related? Are intestines getting shoved up already or something?!

Not sure I've described this very well!

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 27-Apr-17 18:32:51

Christmas, so 20 weeks exactly smile started feeling kicks then too. This time, second pregnancy, 11 weeks, already showing and already feeling flutters!!!!

CatRash Thu 27-Apr-17 21:46:18

I was a size 10/12 bottom and 12/14 on top (due to GG boobs). I'm 27 weeks and still don't look obviously pregnant - a nurse was shocked today to find out i was in for my 27 week bloods rather than 10 week bloods and asked where I was hiding it!!

Like you lemondrop my "bump" starts under my boobs and just extends downwards...I'm just expanding outwards at a steady rate with no discernable bump! Guess this is carrying high - who knows!!

Either that or its my washboard abs grin (that's a joke...I've never even seen my abs!!)

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Fri 28-Apr-17 13:02:29

lemondrop and Cat you probably do have very strong abs (just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not there!), meaning the baby's pushing everything upwards instead of outwards. It can get quite uncomfortable unfortunately until your muscles give up a bit - harder to breathe and a feeling of uncomfortable fullness.

On the other hand you get to avoid ugly maternity wear for longer, hurrah!

DrewOB0 Fri 28-Apr-17 13:11:21

I had severe bloat from 8 weeks,bump from about 14 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now