Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy test help!

(18 Posts)
Hannano1990 Wed 26-Apr-17 16:27:53

Hi everyone. I hope you guys don't think I'm being neurotic. On Sunday I had sex with my husband and ended up having the worse cramps I've ever had. Thought it meant AF was coming as it was due. The next day I took 3 dye tests and all came back with very faint positives. I Still cramping so I phoned the my gp. She advised me to go straight to the minor illness unit nearby and arranged to see me this Friday. She told me regardless of whether it's faint or not it's still a positive. Went to the MI unit and they did a test and told me it was negative, they gave me prescription painkillers, told me to see gp and sent me on my way. Over the last 2 days since then I have done a mixture of 7 different branded digital tests that ALL say positive and a cheapy dye one neg. Help!! Dr can't see me until Friday. I've got such sore boobs and bad wind and cramping. I don't know what to think or what to do.

AprilSkies44 Wed 26-Apr-17 16:32:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hannano1990 Wed 26-Apr-17 16:35:12

Thank you for replying. We absolutely would love another baby. We had on MC before my 2.5 yo son was born and another last year, which is why we're on edge. I just don't understand why all the dye one's aren't clear and 12 hours after the MI unit told me I wasn't pregnant I got a positive on a digital. I need to stop buying tests or I won't be able to pay my mortgage lol 🙈

Honeyandfizz Wed 26-Apr-17 16:35:24

Honestly? Yes you are being neurotic! Just wait time will tell you if you are pregnant or not, maybe try and not test for a few days?

westeringhome Wed 26-Apr-17 16:39:32

When was AF due? Assuming you are late, the positive tests would suggest to me you are pregnant. The negative ones may be a little less sensitive / testing at different time of day. What's the significance of dtd on Sunday, are you asking if this is when you could have fell pregnant, or asking if dtd could have upset the tummy of the possibly-already-pregnant you? I certainly don't think you're neurotic. What would you like the outcome to be?

Hannano1990 Wed 26-Apr-17 16:50:12

I would love to be pregnant. It took me a very long time with my son and after a couple of MC we're obviously a bit on edge. I know I couldn't have fallen pregnant on Sunday lol. I mentioned that because that is when the tummy pain started. I think its just the fact that a healthcare provider said I wasn't pregnant, it makes you feel like it's all in your head.

Hannano1990 Wed 26-Apr-17 16:52:30

Sorry AT was due about 5 days ago

Hannano1990 Wed 26-Apr-17 16:52:50

AF*

AprilSkies44 Wed 26-Apr-17 17:24:10

Hannano1990 Wed 26-Apr-17 18:55:59

Thank you. I did a clear blue die that k had lying around and the line is better stronger. It's so hard wanting something so much. Will refrain from any more tests until I see the doctor on Friday.

AprilSkies44 Wed 26-Apr-17 19:07:33

westeringhome Wed 26-Apr-17 20:08:40

Sorry missed your update OP. Given what you've been through I can understand your mix of confusion, anxiety and excitement, I really hope it works out for you x

Hannano1990 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:24:49

Ahh thank you. It's so frustrating because it's one of those things you can't just unload on to your friends because things might not go to plan. I needed to get to it all out. Even if I do seem like I am being a little crazy.
Timing would mean a late December baby and my son's birthday is Christmas day! Just goes to show you can plan things but rarely do they work out the way you plan haha.

Hannano1990 Thu 27-Apr-17 23:21:34

Ladies, I feel like I'm losing the plot. My GP did a test today and told me there was no second line and there for I am not pregnant. He we was also not concered about the pain. I've attached a pic of the GPs test. Please tell me I'm not losing my mind. I'm certain there is another line there.

annlee3817 Thu 27-Apr-17 23:44:53

How long after the test did the line come up? I'd definitely say that Gp test is a positive, I'd take your own ones in and show them, they can't really argue a whole bunch of positives

Browneyedwonder Fri 28-Apr-17 00:07:59

Was wondering as well I've been getting faint lines but my period isn't due for a week cramps terrible back aches over emotional which never happens before my period but did with my first daughter just depressed tired all the time I keep taking test and all show faint line but I took this yesterday forgot it cause I saw faint line and threw it in purse I was digging and I forgot about it and saw this all the ones before never showed this bright blue line it would be faded what is going on

AprilSkies44 Fri 28-Apr-17 00:20:29

Hannano1990 Fri 28-Apr-17 07:19:33

Annlee is took around a minute. I think I will now just wait and week like April has suggested. It's so frustrating.

browneyedwonder it could be a positive but it could also be an evap. Maybe wait A day or two and do a digital. You can't argue with a digital.. so I am told. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now