Talk

Advanced search

Healthy pregnancy snacks!

(5 Posts)
Emma2803 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:51:01

Hi everyone, I'm just 4 weeks pregnant with my second baby and hoping not to put on as much weight as last time (4.5 stone 😳 although 3 was baby fluid etc.)

Im trying to be careful about what I eat this time round and wanted some ideas for healthy snacks!! My meals are good but find myself getting peckish and want to be prepared so I don't eat biscuits etc.

Any ideas (other than the obvious fruit!!)

Many thanks!

Foggymist Wed 26-Apr-17 16:14:23

Wholemeal toast with good peanut butter and banana, porridge bread, homemade low sugar cookies?, oatcakes and hummus...I can't list any more because thinking about food is making me more nauseous!

Emma2803 Wed 26-Apr-17 16:36:36

Oh sorry!!!
I was gonna make myself some peanut butter granola bars.

By good peanut butter do you mean the whole earth or meridian brands? And not sun pat (which I love 🙊)

SlB09 Wed 26-Apr-17 16:45:11

I love the thick fage greek yoghurt or skyr with a tiny bit of maple syrup, lots of protien and keeps me full! Beef jerky is another go too snack mmmm now hungry 😜

CatRash Thu 27-Apr-17 11:33:26

What about homemade hummus with carrots, cucumber etc. I use Jamie Oliver's recipe and knock it up using my NutriBullet.

Also homemade Tzatziki using 0% fat Greek yogurt - bit more effort than hummus but so delicious!!!

Or frozen yogurt ice lollies using fat free Greek yogurt or fromage frais - i whizz it up with strawberries or bananas and a bit of honey and freeze in ice lolly moulds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now