Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction stories - good ones please

(6 Posts)
harleysmammy Wed 26-Apr-17 12:53:01

I'm being induced next Wednesday, a day after my due date, mainly because I've been up the hospital at least twice/three times a week since 29 weeks. Had 6 pre term scares and have bled nearly every week since 8 weeks. It's also because I have a big baby. I just wanted to hear induced labour stories, but good ones..I've read more than enough horror stories! X

Chocmudpie Wed 26-Apr-17 13:23:59

I've started 2 threads about induction and have read some horror stories but also a lot of very positive ones. My friend has just told me she had given birth within 2 hours of induction recently so take that and run with it. I'm 42 weeks being induced tomorrow so I know how you feel!

anxiousandpregnant Wed 26-Apr-17 15:44:28

I was induced with DC2 due to my waters breaking and I think all in all it was a positive experience as there were no complications, it took around 6 hours once the pessary had been inserted. In my experience it was more painful than NOT being induced but there's no helping that. Good luck smile

westeringhome Wed 26-Apr-17 16:16:25

Dc2 had 1 pessary and nothing. Second pessary contractions soon started, started feeling a bit ouchy so told midwife who was sceptical n said ok I can offer you a paracetamol hmm if you really want, and give you a quick examination....next thing her eyes nearly popped out of her head and I was being plopped into a wheelchair and zoomed through to delivery as I was ready to give birth, wasn't too painful and managed on gas n air. Dc3 waters broke at home then nothing so they put me on the drip at 8pm, delivered before midnight using gas n air. Both actually seemed much less painful than dc4 which was no induction. Won't bother telling you about dc1, whole different story. Wish you all the best and I'm sure you'll be just fine, it's different for everyone and just do what you need to manage smile

RMC123 Wed 26-Apr-17 17:36:49

4 inductions. All worked on first pessary, no labours longer than 12 hours. Managed on gas and air. First one was a forceps delivery but that was due to position of baby not induction. Last one was a water birth. Nothing but positive .

rubberducker Wed 26-Apr-17 19:08:11

To add something from another perspective - I was induced, pessary, ARM, drip - the works over 2 days. For whatever reason, I just didn't progress and had to have a section. And you know what - it was fine! Not the birth I'd hoped for, but it really was okay and I still got DS at the end of it. People love to tell their horror stories - not sure why. Just go with the flow and what will be will be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now