Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Changing bag recommendations

(16 Posts)
JOMH1982 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:57:52

Hi All,

Just looking for some recommendations if possible please? I had a Babymel with my five year old which got a bit battered, just want something that looks nice and is practical as well. Are the "yummy mummy" bags worth the money

TIA
Jess x

FanaticalFox Tue 25-Apr-17 15:21:45

I hate those yumm mummy bags! Each to their own though. I was bought as a gift a beautiful navy leather changing bag from mothercare Babybeau. I wanted a leather bag that didnt look like a changing bag and this is lovely. Depends what you're looking for in a changing bag.

Frecklesfrodo123 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:23:28

Tiba & marl do beautiful bags!

Sunshineandlaughter Tue 25-Apr-17 15:23:49

I got one of those big clear make up bags from boots with my second child - you can see what's inside! So no more rummaging! Had an expensive one with first and so not worth it. Get pampers disposable change mats and pop one inside too.

2014newme Tue 25-Apr-17 15:24:01

It needs to be a bag that both parents are happy to use. Many dads may not want to take a yummy mummy bag out. We had a plain navy one, machine washable.

lastnightiwenttomanderley Tue 25-Apr-17 15:33:53

Bit different as you already have DC but I found that, having looked everywhere for a changing bag I liked, I never actually used it as I found it was just a bit of a PITA!

Instead, my trusty grey Radley tote used to end up with a couple of muji A4 pockets in it, one with nappies and wipes and another with a change of clothes. There were then a few small toys and books thrown in together. DS was BF though, which does mean you can travel slightly lighter.

I like the idea of the Pacapods but really wanted something that could fit inside a bag I already had.

EpoxyResin Tue 25-Apr-17 15:34:26

I bought a changing bag last time and it was a total waste of time.

You can hang just about anything off your pushchair handles, and all I found I needed in there was a few nappies, wipes, a change of clothes and a fold-up mat. I decided this time it may as well be a nice big handbag (A4 compatible) so I found a nice (wipeable) one which I'm currently using as my main handbag as my maternity notes fit in perfectly.

DP will just bung any changing his stuff in his rucksack if I'm not around and he won't mind taking my bag to the loos if we're out together.

Topsyloulou Tue 25-Apr-17 15:45:19

I bought the pacapod mirano in navy when I had DS 2.5 years ago. I was given some money for baby stuff but we'd already bought most of it so decided to go for a nice changing bag. It was great, held loads, DP was happy to use it. I loved being able to just take the little pod to the toilets for nappy changes & the one for food was great when he started weaning as it helps keep it cool. DSil has borrowed it & I may have a fight on my hands to get it back when this one is born. We changed over to a child's rucksack when DS started at the childminder & we had less stuff to cart around.

User2468 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:51:40

Stork Sak, plain khaki bag.

Pigofwar Tue 25-Apr-17 15:54:50

Another vote for Tina & Marl

kel1493 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:56:25

We have the silver cross one that matches our pioneer pram

MissRainbowBrite Tue 25-Apr-17 15:59:48

Pacapods are great. I mainly used just one of the pods on its own for the first few months as DD was BF so just needed nappies, wipes and a change of clothes but when I did start using the whole bag it was easy to use and fit lots in.

SarahOoo Tue 25-Apr-17 16:01:47

Agree with someone above re: bits you need in there, I'm a new mum with a two week old and it's really just a case of nappies, wipes, nappy bags, muslin, spare vest and baby grow and a few other busy plus my own stuff. I did go with a change bag though as they're bigger than most handbags with lots of sections and found this one in JoJo...

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/whitstable-tote-diaper-bag-d3245.html

MammyCon Tue 25-Apr-17 16:15:02

We had a very plain grey rucksack. I didn't want a bag that the husband would not carry. Seemed an easy solution and worked for us.
My friend thought I was crazy having a rucksack but I wasn't the one juggling baby and bag when wasn't using pushchair. Hahaha. grin

silkpyjamasallday Tue 25-Apr-17 16:25:36

I just have a grey wool effect (machine washable) rucksack from ASOS with two main sections and a smaller zip section on the front. Fold up change mat fits perfectly into the smaller front pocket, I have nappies,wipes, bags etc in the centre pocket and clean clothes, calpol and muslins in the back pocket. And I still have loads of room, often stash a jacket away in it when I get too hot walking with the pram. Loads of space for water bottles and later food and spoons and Tupperware for weaning.

It isn't wowee obviously but it suits us as backpacks are easier to carry and DP doesn't feel like a knob carting what is to most eyes a lady's handbag about. I'd save your money get a basic rucksack and then spend what you would have done on a smaller cross body bag for you to just keep keys wallet phone in, anything bigger that you'd usually carry like tissues, scarves, hats, notepad or water bottle can just go in a section of the backpack. Better than carrying two tote bags around. Ours also fits perfectly into our pram basket.

Backpack is also easier to carry if going out with the baby in a sling, then the smaller bag with things you need like keys, card, phone accessible and nappy bag only in use when needed and not bashing baby as you walk.

Sparklyuggs Tue 25-Apr-17 16:36:00

I've been using a Tiba and Marl since I was 12 weeks! It doesn't look like a changing bag, it's a stylish yet durable rucksack. I'm planning on getting secondhand pacapods to go inside, and DH is going to use a skip hop changing station inside his own rucksack. I love bags so wanted a lovely one which felt like me and the T+M one definitely does!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now