Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cervical polyp - any experience?

(5 Posts)
Isthisusernamefree Tue 25-Apr-17 11:16:04

Im 19+1 and after bleeding for a few days over the weekend, the hospital told me I have a cervical polyp which may well be causing the bleeding. Baby is fine and cervix is closed.

However, I had a BM last night for the first time since I was seen in hospital and immediately started bleeding bright red blood again - I googled it and the internet says that bleeding vaginally with a BM is a thing, has anyone else had this?

I'm just super paranoid, had two mc in the last year and the thought of losing this baby is too awful to even consider.

I'm scared to use the loo now too!!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

NoOneLikesACrispyTowel Tue 25-Apr-17 11:19:02

What's B M?

I have cervical polyps. Had them for years. I have one at the moment. They are just the cells growing outwards. Sometimes just fluid filled.

Pretty harmless, and pretty common.

NoOneLikesACrispyTowel Tue 25-Apr-17 11:19:56

Oh bowel movement.

I had no bleeding with my cervical polyps.

Isthisusernamefree Tue 25-Apr-17 11:29:44

As soon as the dr touched the polyp at the hospital it started to bleed, so I think mine is sensitive at the moment, but seeing blood every day has me seriously on edge!

Sparklyuggs Tue 25-Apr-17 12:20:56

I went to hospital with bleeding from a cervical polyp a few weeks ago. They said it was fine but to avoid intercourse and go back immediately if it bleeds again. Apparently they often come off during delivery!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now