We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Usual virus symptoms or should I get a second opinion?

(6 Posts)
Summertime10 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:54:56

Hi everyone, currently 21 wks pregnant and I've had awful cold like symptoms since Saturday. My whole body is aching, I've got a banging headache and I keep burning up then shivering. I went to the doctors yesterday and they told me it was a viral infection that would pass in the next couple of days and to just take 2 paracetamol every 6 hours to manage the fever. She checked my throat and glands and pretty much said there's nothing that can be done and it will pass.
I'm struggling to make it to six hours for the painkillers as my whole body is aching and I'm really concerned for the baby. I can barely eat and haven't got out of bed since yesterday lunchtime, expect to go to the toilet. I've just noticed on my chest, where I feel boiling, there's little clear, fluid filled blebs too. Any ideas what this could be?
Thank you
K x

Emma2803 Tue 25-Apr-17 11:23:17

Did you have the rash yesterday when you saw the Dr? Could be chicken pox or shingles?

Summertime10 Tue 25-Apr-17 11:33:07

No they've appeared either overnight or this morning. I don't know whether they're related to me sweating so much or something else. Rang the community midwives but nobody is there so just left a message.
K x

OnNaturesCourse Tue 25-Apr-17 11:38:14

Form of heat / sweat rash xxx

Summertime10 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:26:05

Thanks. I've asked a nurse friend and she said they look like sweat blisters. My doctors are shut and I've left a message with the community midwives. Hoping they call me back. I'm seeing my midwife at 9 am tomorrow but I'm not sure if I need to be checked out before then.
K x

FanaticalFox Tue 25-Apr-17 15:25:50

Sounds like a virus but keep getting checked. Rest up keep up your water intake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now