I had an emergency c section 4 years ago and have been struggling with spd really bad the doctor has decided he wants to induce me in 3 weeks at 39 weeks before it gets any worse for me, has anyone else been induced after having a c section I've heard a lot of horror stories and I'm really scared 😞
Have they offered you another section? Would you want one?
I had a section 2 years ago and am having another one for this baby for numerous reasons... They told me that a vbac has a 3 in 4 chance of being successful. The risk of scar rupture was 1 in 200 I think, yet that goes up by 2 or 3 times of you are induced. They offered me the choice of vbac or another section - have you discussed all of the options with your consultant?
I had an emergency c-section 6.5 years ago and I'm 34 weeks pregnant now. I've been told by my consultant that VBACs are very successful but I'm entitled to request an elective given my history. They will not, however, induce any woman who has had a c-section previously as the risk of rupture is too great. This was great news to me! I hated being induced! I don't know if it varies by hospital/trust though.
Bethany they can't make you do anything. It's your body and your baby.
I refused induction - just said I wasn't going to do it. THE END. I had to make a nuisance of myself but I got my section in the end which was for the best as I was very ill and it turns out, so was my baby.
Have you seen a consultant? If not, kick up a stink until you see one. If you have and they have refused you a section, ask to see another one. You can't be forced into a VBAC after a previous section, induced VBAC or natural.
There is an alternative induction method for women who've had a cs previously, as the pessary/drip method can't be used. It's a balloon thing they insert (can you tell I switched off as I've no intention of putting myself through it?)...the consultant explained it and when I asked about the success rate her face said it all...she then promptly said I could come back at 36 wks and book my cs date!
Your body OP, your choice. Stick to your guns and ask to see a consultant to talk through the risks and success rates of induction post cs, and stress your desire to have a cs and why. Write everything down before you go in.
I was induced after my first section (2 years later) everything went fine really I had a 7 1/2 hour labour and had to be cut and stitched. Didn't enjoy it one bit. Went on to have two further sections. In hindsight i would have had a section every time.
When ds2 was late, after having a c section for ds1, I was offered an induction. When I asked the consultant her honest opinion on whether she would be induced and she said no. I was told the risk of the sutures rupturing was increased 100 fold. Too much of a risk for me. Have you asked why they are so keen on induction instead of a c-section.
I've spoke to my consultant and I'm going to see him about it and speak about my options I told him I'm really scared and it's upsetting me and my partner with the risks, I just can't put my baby and myself through them risks and don't understand why they would even try make me do that, I'd rather suffer and wait for him to come or have a c section. Thank you everyone