Talk

Advanced search

19 weeks swollen left leg advice pls

(9 Posts)
MSMB Mon 24-Apr-17 20:56:01

Hello. Today I was out shopping with my little girl (2) when I started to feel 'off' - a bit sick and dizzy. So we came back home and while she had a sleep I lay down too. Feel a little better now but not great.
Anyway I'm sitting in my sofa now and thought how achey my left leg felt looked down and my ankle and foot are a little swollen.
Should i be concerned, are the 2 linked?
Thanks

anxiousandpregnant Mon 24-Apr-17 21:07:13

Well it would concern me, I'd probably ring NHS direct, don't meen to alarm you but my 1st thought would probably be DVT... probably isn't that but best to be safe and get it checked

calimommy Tue 25-Apr-17 04:39:15

Go to maternity a&e. Asymmetrical swelling is a symptom of dvts.

MumInBrussels Wed 26-Apr-17 04:24:06

I'd go to the doctor to get checked for a DVT - they're more common in pregnancy. I had one during my last pregnancy at about that point - it's fine as long as you start treatment (which will probably be small daily injections of a blood thinner) but it can be dangerous if you ignore it as a blood clot can move around your body and go into your lungs.

Hopefully it's just a muscle sprain or something, but please do get it checked out in case!

Bloomed Wed 26-Apr-17 04:32:09

Sounds like dvt. Get to A&e now.

anxiousandpregnant Wed 26-Apr-17 09:31:04

Any update OP? Hope your ok.

MSMB Wed 26-Apr-17 12:09:36

Hello thanks for all your advice I went to emergency dr yesterday and he examined me and thinks it's more likely fluid retention. To be sure he did some blood tests and is ringing me this afternoon with them. The swelling has gone down a little so hoping it's just a one off ?!

Bloomed Wed 26-Apr-17 12:18:06

Great that you got it looked at. Hope it's nothing to worry about.

calimommy Wed 26-Apr-17 21:31:20

Good to know. I had asymmetrical swelling with my first pregnancy, it was fluid as well, but definitely important to have it checked out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now