Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Loosing my mucous plug but not engaged at nearly 38 weeks

(3 Posts)
thisisyourtape Mon 24-Apr-17 20:41:51

I started losing my mucous plug about 3 weeks ago and I presumed this meant baby had dropped and engaged (my bump did noticeably drop around then). But I had an appointment today and apparently baby hasn't engaged yet but is just 'floating' hmm I just presumed as I began losing my mucous plug the head must be engaged!

I'm a bit confused and worried as baby is measuring large and there's talk of induction. But can they induce if baby isn't engaged and am I doomed to have a horrible long labour?! With DS1 bump dropped and he engaged at about 35 weeks. If anyone has any experience I'd really appreciate it! smile

confusedat23 Mon 24-Apr-17 20:51:38

Hey i can't talk from experience but i'm pretty sure (from reading on here) that with second babies it is quite normal for them not to engage until you are actually in labour 🙂

PotteringAlong Mon 24-Apr-17 20:54:16

I was induced with DC1 without them being engaged. It was fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now