Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tablets

(11 Posts)
Meeshel29 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:57:19

Hi

I have folic acid & vitamin d tablets
Is there any more that I need to be taking?ive just found out
Just can't remember from when I was pregnant with my other 2!confused

FlowerPowerBecky Mon 24-Apr-17 19:23:54

I take the centrum pregnancy vitamins, it contains quite a bit in them 👍🏻 though my midwife says you don't need to spend a fortune on the "named" brands, for example Boots own are just as good smile

dementedpixie Mon 24-Apr-17 19:25:58

That's the 2 they advise to supplement (folic acid/vitamin d)

Spam88 Mon 24-Apr-17 19:33:01

Nope, that's the only 2 that the NHS advise smile

Meeshel29 Mon 24-Apr-17 19:47:36

Thanks everyone !😘

FanaticalFox Mon 24-Apr-17 19:55:14

I take pregnacare i like that its all in 1 tablet.

arbrighton Mon 24-Apr-17 20:12:41

But they cost a fortune, are huge, make some people sick and have been shown to just be marketing hype- most people don't need most of what's in them

You're taking what's recommended, with actual scientific evidence to back it up

FanaticalFox Mon 24-Apr-17 21:10:59

They've worked for me and lots of other mums i know. I've had zero sickness and i love them. Jeez can't have a preference on here hmm

mummabubs Mon 24-Apr-17 21:30:47

Yeah just stick to those two- no evidence that your body needs anything in addition to this and the multivitamins for pregnancy are extortionately expensive!!

haveacupoftea Tue 25-Apr-17 01:17:19

My GP and Midwife recommended Pregnacare so I did take them for the first 6 months or so. Switched to Seven Seas after as they were cheaper.

FormerlyFrikadela01 Tue 25-Apr-17 01:21:59

I was initially taking just the healthy start vitamins given to me by the midwife (folic acid and vitd, everyone gets them here). Midwife recommended a multivitamin when my bloods came back because i was slightly low in iron but not so low it needed iron tablets. I just took pregnacare my sister had leftover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now