Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Awful rash / dry skin - what the hell is this!!

(4 Posts)
user1480264544 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:50:01

So this has come up on the back of both legs! I am in so much pain with it I can't explain! I've suffered with pregnancy related exema but not like that! I just get the odd small patch of itchy dry skin that comes and goes I have no idea what this is! Anyone els had anything like this before? I can't get to gp until tomo afternoon so any tips on how to help ease this would be great too! Thanks x

arbrighton Mon 24-Apr-17 15:30:59

That looks like my eczema when it's bad.

I don't know if you've had steroid cream before so won't suggest that but if you have something like E45, that might soothe a little

And try to not scratch. I know it's hard though

NameChangeWimp Mon 24-Apr-17 19:21:11

I've got that inside of my elbows and backs of my knees and also down my inner thighs. A couple of months back it was horrendous and started to crack open, I was back and forth at the doctors and given various creams and nothing helped. Eventually I was seen by a doctor at the maternity unit who diagnosed me with dermatitis and said it's due to hormones and increased sweating. I was given a steroid cream and it cleared up within days. It's started to reappear again the last couple of days so I'm back on the steroid cream it's the only thing that helps. When it was at its worst I used Aveeno in between applications to keep it moisturised.

Springhassprungagain Mon 24-Apr-17 19:29:02

I had similar to this and also had steroid cream from the gp and used aveeno which cleared it up. Hope it gets better soon for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now