Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pins and needles

(5 Posts)
toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Mon 24-Apr-17 11:32:30

Hi ladies,

Am 31 weeks tomorrow. Still at work, office job, 9-6 + commute, toddler at home on my own with her at weekends as DH at work. Am an expected level of tired, not extreme. Have noticed this increase in last week or two.

Today am sat at my desk and my left hand keeps going numb, especially thumb and forefinger, going into pins and needles when I wiggle them to get movement.

Promise I'm not a hypochondriac, but am too scared to google because it always tells me I am dying no matter the symptom.

Anyone know what this is? Not got midwife until 6th May.

Thanks

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Mon 24-Apr-17 11:44:18

It can be a symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome which is more common in pregnancy. Obviously call your mw if you're really concerned though.

anxiousandpregnant Mon 24-Apr-17 11:55:56

This happens to me, It also happened in my previous pregnancy, think its carpal tunnel syndrome as previous posted has said, mines a lot worse on a night my right hand goes dead and I have to wiggle it around to get the blood flow back. Id just mention it to your midwife at your next appointment.

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Mon 24-Apr-17 12:02:36

Thank you! Sounds familiar, will have a look now for more info. Is there anything I need to do/ not do? Am typing all day but feels v strange with my fingers gone to sleep!

anxiousandpregnant Mon 24-Apr-17 13:51:38

I'm in the same boat! Desk job, always typing and writing so my hand never gets a rest, also happens when im holding my hairdryer on a morning! Nothing really helped in my previous pregnancy and I've yet to mention it to my current midwife. So I will be eagerly watching for any advice someone might have.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: