Talk

Advanced search

Mouldy blueberries

(7 Posts)
AnUtterIdiot Mon 24-Apr-17 10:27:16

Hullo. Am pregnant, just - 4 weeks, BFP yesterday. Just ate a handful of blueberries and one of them was obviously a bit off. Have I done for the baby? I miscarried last year so am feeling a bit neurotic.

User7654 Mon 24-Apr-17 10:33:14

You'll be fine OP smile

Easy to worry in the early stages!

Congratulations flowers

AnUtterIdiot Mon 24-Apr-17 10:36:02

Thank you! The rational part of my brain says that even if I do miscarry it will not be because of a mouldy bloob. But it is being drowned out by the crazy lady.

AssassinatedBeauty Mon 24-Apr-17 10:42:50

One mouldy blueberry isn't going to make you ill, it'll just have been a bit unpleasant to eat. There's no way you could have affected the baby at all, but I can understand what making you worry.

FanaticalFox Mon 24-Apr-17 12:24:01

Aww OP no don't worry!!

OnGoldenPond Mon 24-Apr-17 17:57:30

Don't worry OP - there's very little associated with fruit & veg that can give you food poisoning as the normal moulds etc that grow on them aren't pathogenic to humans. It's stuff of animal origin that causes problems or contamination from faecal matter etc. <<finally that microbiology degree came in useful! smile>>

Sorry about your previous loss. Try to relax and enjoy this pregnancy you will be fine angryflowers

m33r Mon 24-Apr-17 21:47:06

Sorry for previous loss. I drank mouldy organge juice and asked my GP About it and she said it would totally fine. I imagine it's the same thing so nothing for you to worry about. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now