Talk

Advanced search

Leaking amniotic fluid at 20 weeks -any experiences?

(4 Posts)
grainmum Mon 24-Apr-17 08:47:05

Hi, first off this has been going on for a couple of weeks and is being monitored by my hospital consultant with regular scans. I just wondered if anyone else had experience of this? I would love to hear any positive stories, although my consultant seems fairly relaxed about it, I'm finding it hard to fight off doom and gloom. I'm leaking a little every day, probably no more than a few ml. I always leak after I have got up in the morning so there is definitely something that pools as I lie in bed b then drains when I am upright again. I am monitoring and trying to increase my fluid intake, avoiding sex, baths and swimming. Thanks for any experiences anyone is willing to share.

JOMH1982 Mon 24-Apr-17 11:38:38

Hi, are they doing cervical length scans? Do they know why you are leaking? Please make sure they are keeping a close check on you from an infection and cervical length perspective xx

ThisIsActuallyHappening Wed 26-Apr-17 14:24:58

Hi grainmum
How many weeks are you? And if you don't mind my asking, how did you find out you were leaking amniotic fluid? I'm 22 weeks and worried I might be leaking a little too but not sure what is normal how to tell if it's just an increase in "discharge"? blush

grainmum Wed 26-Apr-17 14:32:17

I'm 20 weeks. The first time it happened I was walking to a scan appointment and suddenly felt as though urine was uncontrollably coming from me, but not from my urethra. It was slightly blood stained and saturated the party liner I was wearing. It continues to leak episodically, more often with changes in position eg when I get up first thing in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now