Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bastard hay fever!

(14 Posts)
LookImAHooman Sun 23-Apr-17 20:45:19

That is all.

littleshoutymouse Sun 23-Apr-17 21:02:49

Me too!!! 38 weeks pregnant, I do not want to do labour and birth snorting and sneezing all over the place. You have my sympathies.
Hoping the predicted weather change next week knocks it on the head in time!

Believeitornot Sun 23-Apr-17 21:04:39

Prevalin and eye drops plus smearing eyelids with Vaseline. Only thing that helped me.

DirtyDancing Sun 23-Apr-17 21:06:35

You have my sympathies. This is what you need:

http://www.prevalin.com/uk/

MarvinKMooney Sun 23-Apr-17 21:09:13

When I was pregnant, I really suffered from that summer from hayfever. I went to the GP and she was happy to prescribe Beconase. Prevalin didn't do anything for me. Worth a visit?

Oneiroi Sun 23-Apr-17 21:18:49

I had this issue last year, you have my sympathies!

What really sucks is that I was looking forward to being able to treat my hay fever again this year, but have just discovered I still can't because I'm breastfeeding. shock Two years of suffering with it per child apparently.

arbrighton Sun 23-Apr-17 21:22:05

Beconase is allowed, and available Over the counter. Works wonders

Checked with GP

www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/935.aspx?categoryid=54

gallicgirl Sun 23-Apr-17 21:22:48

Prevalin is great and safe when breastfeeding.

Oneiroi Sun 23-Apr-17 21:50:52

Neither of those do anything for me unfortunately. sad

LookImAHooman Sun 23-Apr-17 22:10:24

Good pointers, thanks. DC2 on board so I'm now on my third year running of 'nothing' and it's def worse this time (as is it all!). Consultant this week so will ask, provided I haven't clawed my eyes out in the meantime 🙄

Lemondrop09 Sun 23-Apr-17 22:15:06

I've been controlling my hayfever with this for years

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0049GZ3LW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492982080&sr=8-1&keywords=red+allergy&tag=mumsnetforum-21

CherryMintVanilla Sun 23-Apr-17 23:57:26

Upping your Vitamin C intake might help stave off the worst. It has a natural antihistamine effect. I take the effervescent ones from Boots, I think they're more effective than the chewy tablets.

SockQueen Mon 24-Apr-17 10:52:51

Oneiroi what do you usually use for it? Most hayfever drugs are ok with breastfeeding - breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/wp-content/dibm/antihistamines-sept.pdf

Oneiroi Mon 24-Apr-17 12:24:20

I was usually taking loratadine. The GP and pharmacist told me I couldn't do that, but the information you linked to says it's fine! I will take this back to the GP and ask again, thank you.smile

I get so fed up with all the contradictory information and guidance provided to pregnant women and new mothers with no scientific research underpinning it. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now