Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ways to feel pampered in the third trimester?

(14 Posts)
chelseabun1 Sun 23-Apr-17 19:06:07

I am nearing the end of pregnancy (35 weeks now) and am feeling huge and a bit tired and fed up with all sorts of hideous pregnancy 'symptoms', can anyone recommend any nice mum to be or new mum toiletries/bath or body sets which would give me a lift but don't contain anything that needs to be researched or worried about?!

Or any other tips for feeling fresh and feminine when your body is starting to feel the strain!

Thanks!

LHReturns Sun 23-Apr-17 19:50:30

I too am 35 weeks and also struggling now!

In the last few weeks I have had a few scalp and neck massages, and also a leg and 'ankle' massage (i.e. so no one was worried about reflexology and bringing on early labour). Neither have required lying on my back (which i can no longer comfortably do) and have really made me feel so much better. Sort of like a trip to the Spa but without all the changing and robes and faff which I cannot be doing with anymore.

I wish you a very speedy final few weeks...I am so bored of being pregnant now, and really starting to get quite angry and emotional about the whole thing. Good luck and we are nearly there!!

BouncingBlueberry Sun 23-Apr-17 19:54:13

Any ideas would be welcome here! 35+3 and utterly fed up. I just want to wear nice clothes and not hurt anymore.

laurennnnnnnn Sun 23-Apr-17 20:31:29

What about just going to get a fresh hair cut wash and blow dry? I always feel so pampered after this!

FanaticalFox Sun 23-Apr-17 21:17:05

Hair nails pregnancy massage pedicure indian head massage x

Hollyhop17 Sun 23-Apr-17 21:19:02

Its a bit pricey, but I had an elemis pregnancy massage when I was about 18 weeks and it was heaven. Will defo be booking another one soon. It was in London, not sure if they have them evergwhere.

Cammysmoma Sun 23-Apr-17 21:27:09

Have an Epsom salt bath and get someone to do your nails and give you a big bouncy blow dry smile x

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 23-Apr-17 21:31:50

I'd have a massage. Don't bother getting your nails done too close to the end because you might have to take it all off (think you do for a section).

mycavitiesareempty Sun 23-Apr-17 21:41:49

No bath or body sets will contain anything you need to worry about, unless you usually have skin sensitivities or eczema.

There is absolutely no need to waste money on 'natural' products or, ahem, anything containing aloe vera or similar, i.e., things th at are often marketed quite aggressively at pregnant women, playing on their guilt about harming their baby smile

I love Cote Bastide products, you can get them from Cologne and Cotton online. The Au Lait products are nice as well.

Just pick whatever you'd usually pick, basically.

Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy.

haveacupoftea Mon 24-Apr-17 01:15:19

You mean you're not enjoying fretting over movement, drinking raspberry leaf tea and sitting on a fucking gym ball? Yeah I'm at the same stage as you, it's not great!

Not sure if you need it but I'm going to get my brows waxed and tinted and lashes tinted this week so they look half decent in the photos. Maybe I'll go wild and start doing my tan again too!

CaptainWarbeck Mon 24-Apr-17 06:48:46

You can get specific pregnancy massages where the table has a hole for the bump so you can properly lie on your front and have your back massaged with aromatherapy etc, haven't tried it but friends have raved about it despite the cost!

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Mon 24-Apr-17 08:33:05

Same here, 31 weeks and literally just woke up two days ago feeling all kinds of fat, frumpy, breathless, pissed off, exhausted all of a sudden! Have a trip to the hairdressers, pedicure, swimming on my list for when mat leave starts in 6 weeks...

robinsongyal Mon 24-Apr-17 09:33:18

In the same boat! 39 weeks and the past couple of weeks have been an uncomfortable, fat, hormonal blur hmm making the most of the good weather and lounging in garden with a good book has really helped!

titihood Tue 25-Apr-17 13:52:45

Pregnancy massages are wonderful! With my first DC I had one at 36 wks and it was the first time I had lain on my stomach in months (special table). It was a really heavenly experience.

If there is a swimming pool nearby head down there at a quietish time and just float in the water... releases weight of bump and can feel really wonderful.

Watch as much Netflix as you can manage, with a pot of tea (so don't have to get up) and cake or biscuits or whatever your favourite treat is. You won't be able to do this so much when baby is born! If TV is not your thing then your favourite book, podcast or whatever is just as nice smile

Acupuncture can also be oddly relaxing - there are practitioners who specifically do pregnancy acupuncture too, just like with massage.

Enjoy the last few weeks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now