Talk

Advanced search

Does this look like a BFP???

(36 Posts)
user1490011380 Sun 23-Apr-17 16:10:01

Hello!
Bought a bulk pack of these supposedly 10miu one step pregnancy test strips and have been a bit obsessive doing them a few times a week, did one this morning, waited probably a minute and just binned it, went back and looked probably a few hours later, as I do all the time - and there was the thinnest faintest what looked like pink to me line, got very excited as I've never had an evap line when I've gone back to tests before... did another one because I'm crazy and kept monitoring and I would say with in ten minutes there was a very faint slightly thicker than the first one pink to me line?! These photos don't do them much justice, look very close, please someone tell me what they think/that I'm not seeing things?! Everything crossed!!!

Thecontentedcat Sun 23-Apr-17 16:34:25

I can see a second line on the second test, hope it is a sticky bean for you grin test again in a couple of days

neonrainbow Sun 23-Apr-17 16:37:31

I can see a line but it's not clear from your description whether the line appeared within the requisite timescale on the instructions. It's worth double checking and I would probably get a First Response test ASAP and try that. But there is definitely a line.

DomesticAnarchist Sun 23-Apr-17 16:40:43

I can see the line. (Congratulations!)

I peed on LOADS of those, including when I actually was pregnant but it was too early (11&12DPO) and still couldn't generate an evap line. Bright white.

So, chemical pregnancy notwithstanding, that's positive!

user1490011380 Sun 23-Apr-17 17:08:56

Thank you all. I so so so hope so, will be running out tomorrow morning for a first response. I know I have had blank bright whites every other time no evap lines so two is a bit of a coincidence... the first test I didn't check again for a few hours, the second one showed with in the ten minutes. I can't relax. Don't want to tell other half until I'm dead certain!!! His mums terminally ill and he would be absolutely thrilled to be able to tell her this before she dies. Eeeeek!

northernlass81 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:11:53

That's what mine looked like for the first 3 days I tested. That wast 3 weeks ago and now they are unbelievably dark. It is really hard to be patient but you're probably and hopefully just really early! Good luck.

user1490011380 Sun 23-Apr-17 20:16:01

Omg well I'm praying my bum off. So excited to take another test tomorrow! Just hoping not a chemical pregnancy but positive thoughts !!! Xx

TinklingTheIvories Sun 23-Apr-17 20:21:43

Just been messing with some contrast settings etc on the phone, and it looks like a positive. You can clearly see it on the second, and can see a thinner line on the first.

Hoping for a sticky bean for you!!

user1490011380 Sun 23-Apr-17 20:41:55

Wow! Thank you so much for that! It's all I can think about, struggling so hard sat with my partner next to me on the sofa not to say! But want to be 100% certain!! Eeek x

neonrainbow Sun 23-Apr-17 22:57:00

Oh my god i so hope it is a positive for you op. There's no question that its a line. Good luck please would you update us? smile

You haven't said how many dpo you are but i had a good strong early line and it was twins grin

user1490011380 Mon 24-Apr-17 10:57:33

I THINK I'm like 12 dpo, it's hard to tell because I haven't had a period since coming off the pill 9 weeks ago, but about a week and a half ago I felt different, discharge, sore boobs, and I actually said I thought I could be ovulating... anyway! This morning. SO ANNOYING my partner for the first time ever said can I use your car to get to work because he had no petrol! I wanted it to get to supermarket for a test! So haven't done a first response, did another strip though and have attached result! Definitely darker! Would it be getting darker if it was a chemical pregnancy does anyone know? Xx

user1490011380 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:28:39

They didn't have a first response in the pharmacy so will get one later for tomorrow, but this is clear blue digital early one...

neonrainbow Mon 24-Apr-17 13:43:19

I shall have to say congratulations op!

user1490011380 Mon 24-Apr-17 20:08:49

Thank you! X

LapinR0se Mon 24-Apr-17 20:09:57

Yes you look pregnant from here!

user1490011380 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:27:08

Bit worried as I did two of the test strips again this morning, well three. The first two as soon as I woke up - next to no lines, but could only see the shadow of them with in the time because I was looking, then took a third about an our after, which had a clearly visible but faint line? Just worrying they are getting lighter ? Today I feel like my period is coming too but don't know if I'm being paranoid? Xx

LapinR0se Tue 25-Apr-17 18:46:26

Have you got a pic of them?

user1490011380 Tue 25-Apr-17 18:53:03

Those two are from half five as soon as I woke up, the fainter of the two I actually dipped in the toilet out of sheer desperation lol...

user1490011380 Tue 25-Apr-17 18:55:06

And this is from 7 o'clock after... I stupidly did another one an hour or so ago after work too and that was the same as this one :/ so worried xx

DomesticAnarchist Tue 25-Apr-17 19:31:37

If you repeatedly POAS you've got to expect this to happen!

So the darkness of the line depends on the concentration of HCG in your urine. And that depends on a load of things, including the time of day and how hydrated you are. But they're not designed to be quantitative. They're supposed to be pretty binary (yes/no).

So you can't read anything into a fainter line.

You'll have to LEAVE them for a day or two and (if you want to) test again in a few days.

You're only 13DPO, so it's still extremely early. Stop testing! for a few days

Abrahamkin Tue 25-Apr-17 19:34:57

I had ones likes yours. I then waited a couple of days and tested again and got a decent line. I'm now 11 weeks pregnant! So good luck to you.

DomesticAnarchist Tue 25-Apr-17 20:31:18

Just realised my post above might come across a bit... off. Sorry, it's meant in a matey 'you daft thing' supportive way, with an arm round your shoulder and thrusting a cup of tea at you!

Try not to over think things. Right now you're pregnant! Yay!

user1490011380 Tue 25-Apr-17 20:39:26

Don't be silly, believe me I know how crazy I seem/I'm being.
I know I am pregnant until proven otherwise... I'm just such a worrier generally, and want this so much!
Need to try some optimism... just using this to off load my craziness I guess too as literally no one knows! I'm going mad!
I will most probably do strip tests every morning because I have loads, and do a proper test Friday... unless af comes. Sorry, xx

DomesticAnarchist Tue 25-Apr-17 23:18:34

Ha! You don't need to apologise to me!

I'd probably be exactly the same! I was!

Keep offloading here. x

user1490011380 Thu 27-Apr-17 10:56:30

Hello to bother all again if anyone's still listening!!
I have done test strips yesterday and today, that were both king of the same - attatched pic - just don't seem like they're getting darker? Maybe it's just the type of test/still the fact I could be very early dpo. Going to do a few tests over the weekend that are different, and can anyone tell me that feeling like I'm going to come on my period at any minute is completely normal??? hmm xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now