Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are you most anxious about?

(14 Posts)
FluffyEwok Sun 23-Apr-17 12:20:05

I've been more chilled than I thought but I get omg moments. Mine are

1 this pregnancy happened just before we're due to start ivf. That's too lucky

2 horror stories happen what if it's to us?

3 some blood tests aren't 100% accurate what if something is missed?

anyone else?

SlB09 Sun 23-Apr-17 12:25:53

Im most anxious about after funnily enough! will I cope? PND? Sleep deprivation? Hate it/love it? Life change etc. Im pretty chilled like you but I have serious AARRGGHH moments xx

user1491583343 Sun 23-Apr-17 12:55:03

Hi ladies!

Mines are:

1) Why I am spotting so much, is something wrong? MC?

2) Sleep deprivation/baby crying

3) My career

haveacupoftea Sun 23-Apr-17 13:39:34

34 weeks and I worry about not picking up on reduced movements and stillbirth. I can handle just about everything else!

katyou Sun 23-Apr-17 13:48:49

Honestly I'm worried about how smoothly everything has gone so far. Being a NICU nurse myself makes me more anxious that something's going to go wrong somewhere.

Foggymist Sun 23-Apr-17 13:59:06

I'm worried that I'll develop pre eclampsia like last time and have the same horrific first days being passed from pillar to post in the hospital, or be hospitalised for even longer than that two horrific weeks sad

Algebraic Sun 23-Apr-17 14:21:29

Is the baby moving enough/too much

I've only held a baby twice! Will I know what to do?!

Am I going to have a giant baby, I'm
packing on the weight these days!

CaipirinhasAllRound Sun 23-Apr-17 16:00:12

I'm 32 weeks and like a PP I worry about not noticing reduced movement in time. A friend lost their baby at 36 weeks last year.

I also worry about the birth. I had a manual placenta removal last time and lost 3 litres of blood

littleshoutymouse Sun 23-Apr-17 21:22:53

Pre-eclampsia (had it first time round), birth defects or stillbirth.

I do worry about post-natal depression too, looking back at DD's early days I realise I did have it mildly. I remember feeling so insanely anxious and paranoid and yet, strangely detached from everything in the world. It cleared quickly but some stressful family circumstances make me worry I will be at risk.

Oysterbabe Sun 23-Apr-17 21:41:44

My first was born preterm and I'm very worried about this one being even earlier.

2ducks2ducklings Sun 23-Apr-17 21:49:36

I'm about 99% convinced that I'll get to my dating scan on the 4th of may to be told I've had a mmc. I've had three dreams that this has happened and my sickness has seemed to have stepped up a notch over the last few days. When I've googled this there were a couple of posts about this happening just before women found out about their mmc.
My husband is completely against a second private scan as he didn't like the feel of the place we went to at 6 weeks (it did seem a bit false, I can't explain, but I do see where he's coming from). But I'm freaking out.
I love mn and it's really helpful but I think, in my case, it is possible to be too informed! I'd never even heard of mmc until this time around!

Efferlunt Sun 23-Apr-17 22:00:29

At the moment worrying about being a terrible person because I'm a bit disappointed it's boy #3. I know im lucky to have a baby at all. I'm a bad person and need to get a grip.

Then birth it's high risk for me although I know they know what to look out for this time. But ultimately worried about dying and not being around to look after them all.

Bit worried about the strain on my marriage of #3 and giving enough attention to my DS1&2.

Sorry feeling a bit down tonight :-(

SlB09 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:46:36

Seems like none of us get off scott free on the worry stakes!

BentleyBelly Mon 24-Apr-17 15:20:40

Currently 16 weeks and worried about them picking something up on 20 week scan. Also worried about the effect having another child is going to have on my first born...she has been acting odd since she found out about the baby. I sailed through my first pregnancy without a care in the world but this time I just seem so much more aware and anxious of the things that can go wrong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now