Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

WHAT IS GOING ON!!! HELP PLEASE!

(17 Posts)
LilRemz Sat 22-Apr-17 19:49:04

OK I'm new on this I put up a thread a few days about coming off the pill and what to expect....but I have a few other questions to ask...so a little over a week ago decided to try for another baby...I have been on the mini pill for nearly 3 years and last week I stopped taking it for 2 days and had sex...so Wednesday I don't take it the pill...didn't take the pill on Thursday either and had a little spotting....we had sex that Thursday night...then decided to finish the pill pack and took the pill Friday morning...but didn't take the pill Saturday...but took it Sunday and that was the last time I took it...last Sunday 16th April...and since then I've felt super tired...some period cramps...light headed...some fluttering in my tummy...shard pains and backache...now I'm not sure if this is due to coming off the pill...I've also felt sick some days...and been having on and off breast pain on the side of my breats which started yesterday...and I've not had anymore spotting since having sex that night....and normally I would be spotting which leads to a period even if I've not been taking the pill same time for like 2 days....please any advice or thought would be great or if you've been through something similar and actually fell pregnant straight away....thank you

LilRemz Sat 22-Apr-17 19:52:08

A few spelling mistakes there (bloody auto correct) lol sorry about that

milleniumhandandprawn Sat 22-Apr-17 19:54:39

Slightly confused by the timings - are you saying that this all happened about 8/9 days ago?

It would be incredibly early - almost impossible - for most of those symptoms to be to do with his pg. tummy fluttering for eg would be until about 16 weeks at the earliest and sickness is usually abound 6 weeks.
Most pg tests don't work until around 10-12 days PO because the hormone levels aren't high enough to pick it up.

Am wondering though if you missed the pill for a couple of days, then your hormones might be out of whack and that could explain some of what's going on?

Alternatively is it possible you're more pregnant than 8/9 days - like 2 months or more?

AbbeyRoadCrossing Sat 22-Apr-17 19:56:41

When I skipped a few pills once due to my luggage being lost (lesson learnt to put them in hand luggage) I felt awful and had spotting.
It's best to finish the pack, have one true period after the coming off pill one then ttc.

FanaticalFox Sat 22-Apr-17 20:00:28

Er no sorry i think you're overthinking. Tummy flutters most people don't feel until at least 12 weeks pregnant. My advice is to chill! Do your thing off the pill and do a pregnancy test when its been a long enough period of time since you came off the till to get a true result. Good luck.

d270r0 Sat 22-Apr-17 20:00:53

Well... yes, if you've missed loads of pills of course you could be pregnant.
Seems a bit odd to stop taking it then randomly take it for another 2/3 days? When during those days you wouldn't be protected anyway because of the gap.

haveacupoftea Sat 22-Apr-17 20:04:04

Very dramatic thread title there OP. Take a pregnancy test.

LilRemz Sat 22-Apr-17 20:07:00

Hi ladies thanks for replying back...
Yh this happened 9 days ago...and yhh I'm sure I'm not feeling baby through the fluttering just that I've heard people say that that can be very early signs of pregnancy...and people say that they feel different from conception so wondering if this is true for anyone out there...I have 2 kids already and know what to expect but again both was very different type of pregnancy....

And the pill I am on is the mini pill or POP and there's no break in between each pack...so can stop anytime which wouldn't make any difference I don't think
@milleniumhandandprawn @Abbeyroadcrossing

museumum Sat 22-Apr-17 20:13:22

Don't piss around like this with the mini pill. One of the things it does is stop any fertilised egg implanting where it should and not taking it properly can increase the chances of an ectopic.
You'd know if it was that as it'd hurt. But please don't risk it.

LilRemz Sat 22-Apr-17 20:18:16

Yh I get that having pregnancy symptoms so early is a bit out there but definitely not impossible...not when you know your body and feeling things you normally feel when pregnant...the fluttering thing is not me saying I can feel baby...but just that you body could be preparing for the baby etc...

Please if your gonna tell me I'm over reacting and what not...then keep it to yourself...I came on here because I was told I may find people who might have gone thru the same experience and could advise you on what to expect on coming off the pill...I didn't say I was pregnant but asked if what I was going through normal to coming off the pill or be something more towards being pregnant

Thank you

Maggy74653 Sat 22-Apr-17 20:18:24

I think you've probably just sent your hormones a bit crazy by stopping and starting the pill so randomly. You'd be really lucky to get a positive pregnancy test at 9dpo so the likelihood of pregnancy symptoms then is tiny. I'd stop taking the pill completely, see how you feel, if it is still odd in a few days then take a pregnancy test to be certain.

Maggy74653 Sat 22-Apr-17 20:20:19

I don't take the pill so don't have any experience of coming off it to help with, sorry

LilRemz Sat 22-Apr-17 20:20:41

Hi @museumum yh it was just time I've not taken it since being on it but I have completely come off it now...and just waiting to see if anything happens
Thank you

Mamabear14 Sat 22-Apr-17 20:20:55

I had a positive pregnancy test 26 days after stopping the pill. I had no bleed at all, not even a withdrawal one. I knew I was pregnant, as it's literally the only time I ever get sore nipples! I also had a good nap and refused a whiskey the night before I tested. If you've not been taking it properly then obviously you could be pregnant. I have never heard of flutters being a sign of early pregnancy, everything is microscopic in there!

N0tfinished Sat 22-Apr-17 20:23:10

I don't think any of us will be able to tell you. Mini pill only works if you take it regularly (as in at the same time daily)

You'll have to POAS, and I doubt you'd get a valid outcome this early.

LilRemz Sat 22-Apr-17 20:24:21

Hi @Maggy74653 yh you might be right...but I've stopped taking it...was just for those couple days I went back on it...but will see how it goes by Tuesday
Thank you

LilRemz Sat 22-Apr-17 20:31:16

@mamabear14 aww that's lucky congrats...but yh the fluttering I defo don't think it's baby lol...just that, that's what I'm feeling...and same here my breast don't hurt only when I was pregnant with both my kids...

@N0tfinished I'm ttc so don't mind if it didn't work...would be great news for me 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now